Dry Weight

pokypa

We are new to the forum so bare with me. I purchased a new 2014 Big Horn 3260RS Elite yesterday and will tale delivery this Coming Monday. The dry weight on Heartland's website say's 11,180 lbs. but the yellow sticker on the door say's 12202 dry weight. we checked all the tanks and they are empty. What would make such a big difference in the dry weight. It has 2 A/C's and a king bed but that should not make a 1000 lb difference. Any advise on this would be of great help. Also I want to upgrade the wheels and tires to 17.5, any advise on that would be great. Thanks for you help

Subdrv

We are new to the forum so bare with me. I purchased a new 2014 Big Horn 3260RS Elite yesterday and will tale delivery this Coming Monday. The dry weight on Heartland's website say's 11,180 lbs. but the yellow sticker on the door say's 12202 dry weight. we checked all the tanks and they are empty. What would make such a big difference in the dry weight. It has 2 A/C's and a king bed but that should not make a 1000 lb difference. Any advise on this would be of great help. Also I want to upgrade the wheels and tires to 17.5, any advise on that would be great. Thanks for you help

You might want to look at what other options were added. My cyclone was about 1500 over the site dry weight. We added 2 ac's garage beds, duel pain windows, double door frig, goodyear g614, patio option with rear awning, 2 tv's. Things start to add up.

Robbie

MTPockets

Same with ours. Catalog is with no options, and calculated weight. During build and zn extra foot or two of wires, hoses, insulation, sealant, etc., then any options will add weight. The sticker is actual weight on its way out the door.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It could be that the new features in the Bighorn line have added some weight as well. You are buying a 2014, the specs are probably for the 2013. I don't think the awning, bigger fridge, spare tire, hydraulic system, battery, propane tanks, and other items mentioned above are included in that dry weight. Like the advertisement "just $199 a month" car payment, low dry weight is advertising to get you in the door. All rv manufacturers do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

priorguy

If it has the level-up system that would add a lot of weight. I know my Caliber Edition North Trail is 800lbs over list, but it has every available option. The biggest probably being the power stabilizer jacks. Your GVWR doesn't change but your cargo carrying capacity goes down.