DSI fault , Help needed

tomsws6

Ok, we ran out of gas on a sunday night.... No one is open until tomorrrow and I need to go to work 4am and would prefer to take a shower. My understanding is that my 4200 is a gas and electric water heater and when we ran out of gas the DSI fault came on.... Now it doesnt seem that the water is getting hot.. Is there something that I should do to get the electric side to work? I took the bottles off and loaded them in the truck to get filled tomorrow..

jnbhobe

Two switches have to be on for electric, one on the control panel that looks like a 110v light switch with a red switch, the other is outside behind the gas valve on the HW tank. It may have a pin locking it in position.

tomsws6

I dont have a on/off at the heater or behind the gas valves outside on officer side or drivers side.

rxbristol

It sounds like your WH normally runs on gas unless you force it to run on electric or use both. The switch on the inside of the trailer turns on gas only. There is a small, hard to find switch on the WH itself that will usually have a safety pin to keep it locked out. Turn on that switch and the WH breaker for electric, and turn them both on for gas/electric.

danemayer

Do you have an Atwood Water Heater?

Attachments

• Atwood Water Heater Service Electric.pdf
    210.4 KB · Views: 7

tomsws6

Do you have an Atwood Water Heater?

Not sure yet. ITs a 15 cyclone 4200 if that helps.. Ill find out today but I turned of the main switch on the panel inside for a few minutes and then turn it back on and the light went out while giving me hot water this morning.. Im assuming that is the only on/off switch I have?

danemayer

I'm pretty sure if you remove the outside cover of the water heater, you'll be able to find a label with manufacturer name and model #.