Dual A/C

OldSlowHans

CinC of Everything Else
We have a 2011 BC 3510RL with dual A/C's.

Since the forward unit does an excellent job of cooling the small bedroom area, I'd like to block the ceiling outlets in the bedroom from the aft unit. This would give better cooling to the main cabin.

Has anyone solved this issue in a non-surgery and non-ugly-duct-tape fashion?

avvidclif

I like them tied together. If 1 AC will keep it cool at night I run both in the daytime (if needed) and the main at night, much less noise in the bedroom.

Garypowell

I cut up pieces of "noodle" most of use for bracing things that are mean for pool use. Took several trials but fits easy enough be also can be removed when needed.

Don't miss blocking the ends of each supply run. I noticed right after buying our 3010 when converting to LED lights that every time I took a fixture out there was cool air blowing out of the hole. Now...the block is ugly but I used that silver sealing heating tape you see on A/C units.

No more air coming out of the lights.

I also put close able dampers (from Home Depot I believe) on each out let in the bedroom and bath. This way if the blocks are out I can regulate air flow from the bedroom up to the living room. This is helpful on not so hot days we spend working in the living area....close off the dampers and run the bedroom a/c full blast and leave the living room unit off. This way customers can hear us on the phone.