Dual Pane Windows?

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Anyone have any pictures of the dual panes in their Cyclone or other rig? Thanks in advance.

The dual panes on my BH look just like a single pane slider. You have to get up close to see the difference, or open the window and look at the edge of the sliding portion. Two panes about 1/4 inch apart. Otherwise they look like a standard window. The dual tinted panes really darken the tint even further to keep the rig cooler. We love ours. Well worth it. JMHO. Trace

The dual panes on my BH look just like a single pane slider. You have to get up close to see the difference, or open the window and look at the edge of the sliding portion. Two panes about 1/4 inch apart. Otherwise they look like a standard window. The dual tinted panes really darken the tint even further to keep the rig cooler. We love ours. Well worth it. JMHO. Trace

Great explanation. Thanks. Will definitely go with them then.

porthole

Retired
Anyone have any pictures of the dual panes in their Cyclone or other rig? Thanks in advance.

Picture of what? They don't look any different from regular windows.

Cyclones also have the advantage of the bronzed solar reflective windows, although this week they are are really being put to the test.

Picture of what? They don't look any different from regular windows.

Cyclones also have the advantage of the bronzed solar reflective windows, although this week they are are really being put to the test.

Well then you and an earlier poster answered my question! :) When we went to a local dealer we were told that the double pane windows were not a common or recommended option and when I asked if they looked any different he told me that they looked like "residential" sliding double pane windows, "just like the ones in your home." Sounded kind of funny to me, couldn't imagine a 5th wheel with residential style sash windows. Sounds like he was wrong but if they really were that different I wanted to see what they actually looked like on a unit. Guess thats not necessary. Thanks for everyones help on that. I think it sounds like a great option.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Well then you and an earlier poster answered my question! :) When we went to a local dealer we were told that the double pane windows were not a common or recommended option and when I asked if they looked any different he told me that they looked like "residential" sliding double pane windows, "just like the ones in your home." Sounded kind of funny to me, couldn't imagine a 5th wheel with residential style sash windows. Sounds like he was wrong but if they really were that different I wanted to see what they actually looked like on a unit. Guess thats not necessary. Thanks for everyones help on that. I think it sounds like a great option.

OMG! He did not REALLY say that....did he?? Who is this dealer, I really want to stay away from them???

You cannot look at dual panes and tell the difference between them and non-dual panes...unless you get close and can see the two separate panes with a small gap between them...just to show you, here is our Bighorn WITH dual panes. As you can see, they look no different than any other RV windows.

000_0016.jpg

OMG! He did not REALLY say that....did he?? Who is this dealer, I really want to stay away from them???

You cannot look at dual panes and tell the difference between them and non-dual panes...unless you get close and can see the two separate panes with a small gap between them...just to show you, here is our Bighorn WITH dual panes. As you can see, they look no different than any other RV windows.

View attachment 14319

Yup! He really said that. :-(

Thanks for the picture!

CrazyCooter

All this activity is making me "Jones" for the new rig!

It was scheduled to be done today........wonder if it made it?:confused:

traveler44

Haven't had the dual panes but am sure they would be nice to have. You shouldn't have condensation on the windows from running an air conditioner because they remove moisture from the air. We have had a little condensation when running electric heaters. When it gets really cold out I put my window insulators in and even our slide outs stay warm. Tom M.

Urban350

I have had many trailers with and without dual pain windows and would not have another without. Also a quick way to tell if you have dual pain windows is to hold a lit lighter up to the window and you will see the reflection in both pains of glass.

trackeer

We live in NH so we can have major weather swings, fall/spring being the worst, its nice to have no condensation on the windows when the ac is running and its humid, keeps things a little quitier (That we have Noticed), and the extra insulation (Meager as it is) helps with heat.
It is hard to see the difference between dual pane and single pan, the 14 year old saw it pretty quick and assured me they were dual pane glass, lololol, getting older sure takes its toll.
As for major weight, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, most of these things weigh in over 12K lbs anyways is a 100lbs here or there going to make that much difference, if weight is your concern, run your tanks dry, load up on goodies when your at or almost to your destination, carry less crap.
Yep, they call them options for a reason, that means if you want them you'll have to pay.

Good Luck

Moe in NH.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
I put a stone through a dual pane window and the replacement cost for the small window in the front side of a slide was over $200, I am guessing about $225. The single pane for the same window was $95. I would not be without the dual pane. Good luck making your decision.