Dura brand 3-Hole Faucet with Pressure Issues?

SLO

Once again, you gentlemen come through in glorious fashion. Thank y'all so much!

New question:

Look at this pic. What in the **** am I supposed to do with the little threaded collar and brass fitting? The pex lines on the faucet already have their own little threaded collars that screw right onto the adapter without the use of the two included pieces. Do I simply not need these two pieces? I'm stumped!

View attachment 55610

...and to answer your observation SLO, yep:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-L...ing-in-Arctic-Stainless-9178-AR-DST/204184513

You don’t need them. Throw them away.

And those supplies on the Delta faucet are pretty long. Just make a big loop in them when you attach them to the new shutoff valve. Keep them out of the way of the faucet pull out hose. Zip tie the faucet supplies in some way so as to not put constant strain on the connection to the shutoff valve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DallasFull-Timer

You don’t need them. Throw them away.

And those supplies on the Delta faucet are pretty long. Just make a big loop in them when you attach them to the new shutoff valve. Keep them out of the way of the faucet pull out hose. Zip tie the faucet supplies in some so as to put constant strain on the connection to the shutoff valve.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Excellent! I shall report back with pics of the install.

DallasFull-Timer

Even bigger problem:

Delta piece is larger diameter than Dura piece.

Excuse to buy a Dremel tool.

20171125_125023.jpg

20171125_125033.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oh scratch the Dremel, I just remembered I have this great Bosche paddle bit set!

20171125_125837.jpg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might regret using those paddle bits. If using in an existing hole the bit will want to jump around a bit.
I like the Dremel idea.

Peace
Dave

DallasFull-Timer

Success:

20171125_170850.jpg

The paddle bit worked beautifully. I didn't even have to step sizes; the 1'' bit worked well as a reamer. Made quite the mess, but that's what vacuum cleaners are for.

As for the shutoff valves... I wrapped the threads with Teflon tape and tightened them until they bottomed out. Still leaks.

Drips once every 1 to 1 and a half minutes. I have a cup sitting there for the meantime, and went to Home Depot and got these:

20171125_170909.jpg

Haven't installed them yet, but fitted them to a valve in the store and they sit very snugly.

Y'all think they'll solve the drip? Kinda aggravating that these valves didn't come with a pre-installed gasket of any kind.

Westwind

I had to remove the backflow valve from the faucet, it was located at the end of the hose that the spray head was attached to. Once removed it was like a brand new faucet before it trickled. I was going to replace the faucet but this was an easier alternative.