E-Z Flex Equalizer

browny

I had my Bighorn 3070 axles aligned last fall after replacing all 4 tires. When I picked it up the tech told me that rubber piece on the E-Z Flex Equalizer was cracked. I am trying to identify what part that I actually need. I went into the tools section under Dexter suspension parts section, and found that there are two parts that are similar, one is a Rubber Spring Eye bushing, the other is a Rubber Equalizer bushing. Has anyone out there replaced this particular part? and is this possibly a warrantee item from Dexter? The coach is a 2013 model.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I had them replaced on my 2013 Landmark and they were warrantied. Contact HL for more info regarding item and warranty coverage.

danemayer

I believe Dexter had a materials problem a few years ago leading to early-life cracking of the rubber biscuit in the center the EZ-Flex. I'm not sure you can get the biscuit only. But if you call Dexter, even though you're past their 2 year warranty, they may send you a replacement equalizer.

Dexter ezflex biscuit.jpg

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
As Dan said, give Dexter a call. They will want the Numbers from the Axles and the VIN from your Bighorn. Offer to provide pictures of the cracked parts. There's a good chance they will provide replacement parts though you will probably have to cover labor to install if you are beyond normal warranty.
If you ask they may also provide a complete set with wetbolts for little if any cost to you. Dexter has been VERY good to deal with on warranty issues!

browny

I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice, I called Dexter Axles, and talked to David Switalski in the Warranty Department, he told me that my warranty had expired on 4/28/2015, and said that the only thing that Dexter could do, would be, is to send out replacement parts for the defective EZ-Flex Equalizers. That to me, shows me how Dexter Axles really stands behind their products even after the warranty had expired. Best Regards, Browny

rhodies1

I had my Bighorn 3070 axles aligned last fall after replacing all 4 tires. When I picked it up the tech told me that rubber piece on the E-Z Flex Equalizer was cracked. I am trying to identify what part that I actually need. I went into the tools section under Dexter suspension parts section, and found that there are two parts that are similar, one is a Rubber Spring Eye bushing, the other is a Rubber Equalizer bushing. Has anyone out there replaced this particular part? and is this possibly a warrantee item from Dexter? The coach is a 2013 model.

You will no doubt need to get the whole equalizer, I had to replace 1 of mine due to being collapsed, I would speak to Heartland as your suspension has a 2 year parts / labour warranty, quite a job to replace equalizer, you must dis-assemble suspension. I did it.....to buy the part it is around 75.00each I was told, Heartland stepped up to the plate and replaced free.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice, I called Dexter Axles, and talked to David Switalski in the Warranty Department, he told me that my warranty had expired on 4/28/2015, and said that the only thing that Dexter could do, would be, is to send out replacement parts for the defective EZ-Flex Equalizers. That to me, shows me how Dexter Axles really stands behind their products even after the warranty had expired. Best Regards, Browny

I'm confused, they sent new parts for free, or you had to buy them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

browny

eb427cb643568c71eda166ce1e1ff7ad.jpg
For those people that want see what the defective part looked like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crazybanshee

Been talking with David in the warranty department at Dexter about the issue. He is taking care of the problem. Dexter is a great company that takes care of issues with their products. Would buy their products anytime.

I have the same issue with the E-Z flex system. Called Dexter on 4-12-16 and talked with David. He had no problem send me free of charge 2 new replacement kits. Received them in 4 day by Fed-Ex free. Dexter stands behind their products. My 2011 Landmark will get these installed on them. Thanks browny for the tip

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I recently replaced both of my equalizers. I knew I was out of warranty and luckily found a local trailer parts dealer and bought them as well as new shock absorbers. DSCF8142.jpg

You can see the old cracked unit with the new one above it. Also converted to wet bolts and bushings at the same time.

jhardin

Count your blessings... I called and spoke with Dave, he stated he would email paperwork. Never received it, sent Dexter an email and ask it be forward to Dave with explanation...... Still nothing!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Count your blessings... I called and spoke with Dave, he stated he would email paperwork. Never received it, sent Dexter an email and ask it be forward to Dave with explanation...... Still nothing!

Was it Dave McWilliams? He has been transferred to another division, so you might need to make another call to find out who took over his "in progress" claims.

WillyBill

Hi All,

FYI - the EZ Flex equalizers have 2 grease zerks on each and when I removed the ones on my 2011 Cyclone (Recently acquired by me) they looked like those pictured below. But Grease worms was the cause. They had not been greased since they were new. How do I know? The zerks (ALL of them) were positioned such that you could not get a grease gun on them - needed to be turned to face differently so grease went IN and not ON the equalizers. When the bushings seize up it kills the rubber in the equalizer. Best to use a grease with 5% Moly in it.

Good Luck,

WillyBill