East Coast Rally

phranc

Well Sandy and I arrived back to a frosty NY last nite. We continued on from the Rally and had planned to spend 1 nite at Myrtle Beach but the rain changed our minds. So we made a 2 day trip down to the Okefenokee swamp. We stayed at Okefenokee Pastimes Camp. Very small but well run and comfortable Took a guided trip through the swamp and spent a half day on the St Marys R. and went to Jekyll Isle.Dogs could play in the surf there. Headed on home on fri and spent one night on the road and one night at Drummer Boy in Gettysburg Pa..
The rally was a great success and a chance to meet some friends for the first time ..
There are some pics on google web albums .. click or cut and paste..
http://picasaweb.google.com/phranc1/HeartlandEastCoastRally06

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Thanks for the pics. Looks like everyone had fun. Campground looked very nice. Hope you all can make it for the International rally next year.

gawelsh

Comments about Heartland as a Company

We're waiting for a call any day from the dealer about the arrival of our '07 Landmark Mt Rushmore. Reading about Scott and Jim's attendance at the East Coast rally just validates what we already know about Heartland - and what led us to purchase their product over the many competitors in the market. They are truly customer-focused. It shows in the quality and design of their RVs , in their accessibility to all of us on this Forum and in their personal involvement "after the sale". We can't wait to meet them and all of our fellow Heartlanders next Spring at the Elkhart rally !!

jbeletti

More 2006 East Coast Rally Pictures Online

Hi gang,

Just got a CD of 2006 East Coast Rally pictures from Dave Y, your rally host.

I put them online here.

Go to that link, allow the Flash data to load, then click on the Main Menu link in the top left corner of the gallery screen. Then click the Open Menu link. Then the 2006 link, then the October - Myrtle Beach, SC link.

I'll post detailed instructions on how to use the ImageVue gallery application later, but for now, here are some quick tips:

• Always start by clicking the Main Menu link, then the Open Menu link
  • Drill down into the image folder you want by clicking on the folder link that interests you
  • A full page of image thumbnails will load. To view any of them, click on them. A larger image will open.
  • Once an image is open (larger view), you may use the left/right arrows on the screen to go to the next or previous images.
  • On the bottom right corner of the screen, you will see a triange/play button. This will start a slide show of images beginning with the image that is on-screen.
  • I'll create a thread or forum with more ImageVue operation instructions later but for now, click away on the various controls - it won't break.

Soon, I will put all the 2006 International Rally images from Goshen online in the same gallery format.

Jim

davebennington

Jim,

Thank you for your help in loading the pictures of the East Coast Rally, They turned out better than I thought they would. GREAT job on your part. Someday I hope I will understand my new camera better in time for the National rally.

Thanks again,:)

Dave

jbeletti

Hi Dave. Wish I could have been there with you guys. That's the darnedest things with Regional rallies - they're so regional. That's the great thing about them too. Thinking about trying to pull off a summer IL/WI rally over my way.

Thanks for the CD of pics. Using ImageVue, I am resizing all images to 800x600 max. This is a pretty optimal size for the web, balancing quality, load speed and size. I noticed some of the images were small to begin with so they were not resized.

Hey, got the banner back last week - thanks!

Jim

K

Ken Washington

Has any plans been made for the 2007 rally? I really wanted to come in 06 but we were expecting a new grandson and that weekend is when our choir retreat is. We got the grandson but retreat was canceled!

Ken

davebennington

Hi Ken,

Yes plans were made at a meeting just before we all hooked up and left. If you are not contacted by Deb or Allen Smith who live in Wilmington,NC you may want to contact them as Deb is the one in charge of the 2007 East Coast Rally.

Dave