Electric awning and an Add-a-room

wonka

Hey All,
Anyone have experience using an add-a-room with an electric awning? I see they make a new model of add-a-room for the electric awnings and would like to hear about them before purchasing something that might not function the way we want.

GOTTOYS

My experience with add-a-rooms is, most people that get them use them a few times then store them away...More trouble than they're worth. Seldom if ever, see one setup anywhere. I would be sure you really want one before spending the $$$. JMHO...Don

wonka

We had a jimmy rigged one for our '76 scamper, and found the extra dry space was great for the wild conditions of the rocky mountains, rain snow wind and that's in August. With the new BH it would be nice to have the buffer zone between the great outdoors and the plush interior. Unfortunately, given the style of awning and the fact that the wind blows almost all the time, and we have seen up to 24" of snow ( lost one traditional awning in 25 years of camping, bent rod, torn fabric). I'm not sure I want to risk the damages that could result to our trailer. We will have to get used to not having a cover for our exterior BBQ, tables etc.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
We have an Add A Room and use it when we are on a fixed site for an extended time. Other than that we bought a folding screen room which is much easier to set up and break down. In the future we would not buy another add-a-room but use the folding screen rooms. They fold up into there own case easier than an add-a-room and easy to carry and store. So in my opinion spend your money and less time on a portable screen room. Jim

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We used to have one and I set it up once. It was a pita to set up and store. Heavy too. I wouldn't waste my money on one.