Electric Power Cord Rewind

bwc1950

The Big Horn has an electric power cord rewind located on the street side rear of the rig. I'm wondering if this electric rewind will be available on the Big Country? If yes, when? If not, why not? It's the perfect place to store the power cord instead of hand or crank rolling and storing in the storage bay, and, it's always hooked up to the rig.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes, the electric power cord rewind is available as an option on the Big Country. When we ordered our BC in 2011, it was an option which we did and love. Now my wife can disconnect the coach without trying to haul that heavy cord around.

bwc1950

Nabo, where did HL stash the cord reel on your unit? Is it at the back left outside corner where the power cord would normally be plugged in?

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
After seeing Nabo's power reel, we ordered it for our 2014 (its NOT on "published" option sheet). It IS where the reg power cords attach.

However I understand from conversation with HL, when ordering our BC, that not all floor plans have room for power reel unit.

porthole

Retired
When I was looking to put the reel in the Cyclone what I found was that trailers with 10" frames did not have room for the electric reel, hence it was only available on 12" frame models.

But - that did not stop me from putting the reel on our 10" frame Cyclone.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
As Lance has stated, yes its on the left side at the rear where the plug usually is. It might not be an option on the short coaches.

bwc1950

Thank you all for the responses. That just leaves me to find out if the Power Cord reel is available on the 3251TS.....Can't believe how useful this forum is to help with my learning curve.

Mizmary

Porthole when you get a chance can you post a pic? I know I'd like to have one on our cyclone at some point. It would be good to see. (Sorry for the hijack. I'm good at it)

porthole

Retired
Porthole when you get a chance can you post a pic? I know I'd like to have one on our cyclone at some point. It would be good to see. (Sorry for the hijack. I'm good at it)

Post #93

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/11365-And-so-it-begins?p=134988&viewfull=1#post134988