Electric Rear Stabalizer Jakc Motor Missing

agpopp

Electric Rear Stabalizer Jack Motor Missing

New to me 2007 2800RLS. I though to myself "what a great feature" when I saw the cover for the switch, I brought it home and began to diagnose why the motor wasn't working. After using my multi-meter I discovered the MOTOR WAS GONE! LOL! So I've done some reading and it seems the motors are very susceptible to taking on water and are expensive to replace, I assume that is why it hadn't been. Should I just hand crank em' or is there a cheaper alternative?
Thanks
Andrew

jimtoo

Re: Electric Rear Stabalizer Jack Motor Missing

If you can find an old motor not working at salvage yard or someplace, it is usually the brush springs that rust away. Lots of folks have been repairing with part of a spring from a click ballpoint pin.. you know the throw aways.

I seem to remember something some place about the motor being the same as a power window motor from a GM car. It has been a while back, but that is stuck in my head because jack motor was 200 or so and the GM window motor was 50 bucks. You might do some searching here and also other forums.

Jim M

agpopp

Jim, thanks. Im going to try and dig that up. Much appreciated.
Andrew

Manzan

I am one of those who fixed the motor with ball point pen springs. Then I sealed the motor so moisture could not get in again. Especially where the wires enter the housing. Sort of daunting but all worked out well in the end. One heck of a lot cheaper than a new or used motor.

wdk450

Here is the best price I found online (on E-Bay) for the Klauber C-800 motor:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lippert-Sta...ash=item2a57fa94f8:g:7wYAAOSwVupTqLYT&vxp=mtr
This is less than 1/2 the price on the Lippert parts website. The new motor was VERY well sealed up against water intrusion (that is the BLACK you see in the motor illustration), although I added some extra RVers Goop around the wiring entrance and the plastic motor cover/motor metal mating surfaces.

You may be able to buy it for about $25 less directly from Klauber, but they want some more part number info, along with only selling it to you via UPS COD sale (so someone has to be at home with the exact amount to pay the UPS driver). The E-Bay seller buys these in bulk from Klauber, and doesn't charge any shipping. Also, you can use PayPal credit to pay for the motor over time.

I also rewired my motor backwards (just 2 wires going to the motor) so that when you push the top half of the rocker switch the legs go up (and vice versa), like the electric landing gear legs switch.

avvidclif

New to me 2007 2800RLS. I though to myself "what a great feature" when I saw the cover for the switch, I brought it home and began to diagnose why the motor wasn't working. After using my multi-meter I discovered the MOTOR WAS GONE! LOL! So I've done some reading and it seems the motors are very susceptible to taking on water and are expensive to replace, I assume that is why it hadn't been. Should I just hand crank em' or is there a cheaper alternative?
Thanks
Andrew

3/8" cordless hand drill with a socket adapter. Much faster than the factory motor and useful for other things.

agpopp

Thanks for the input from all POV's. I will continue to use the crank for now, though I'll have to make a socket to fit special as the emergency crank has just a round socket with a flat tooth inside to fit the slotted end. Very glad to hear about the pen trick if I do purchase.

wdk450

I have yet to find the EXACT drill adapter for the Lippert rear leveller online. I made one from threaded rod and a steel tubing spacer with a slot cut in the end, but it fell apart under multiple uses. I think you need a hardened steel rod with a slot in the end, like the hand crank is made out of, for a good drill adapter.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

avvidclif

Have you actually used that adapter? From the looks of it, I don't think it will fit inside the drive "socket" on the rear stabilizers. The crank for the spare tire, yes, but not the stabilizers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope just found what looks like might work. I have 6 point hydraulic leveling.