Electrical cord question,

oreo4772

Hello all. I have a problem with when its time to push the electrical cord back into the compartment it seems to bind up after half way in. Then trying to push the rest of it in is a challenge. Is there some sort of remedy for this? I have the 265RK and the cord comes out the back of the trailer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garypowell

Not sure if you regularly clean the cable but this might help it slide on itself better. But what Jon said is the key and that is to learn how to push it in to direct it's path for easier storage.

If that continues to be an issue you can cut the cable and put a connector such that all you have to push back inside is a foot. You can probably also change out the door to one that is made to have a cable come through it.

I did this years ago since I had the same problem. For me the cable would suddenly "give" and I would crash my knuckles into the side of the RV.....got tired of that very quickly and made the switch over for $40 bucks at the time.

oreo4772

Not sure if you regularly clean the cable but this might help it slide on itself better. But what Jon said is the key and that is to learn how to push it in to direct it's path for easier storage.

If that continues to be an issue you can cut the cable and put a connector such that all you have to push back inside is a foot. You can probably also change out the door to one that is made to have a cable come through it.

I did this years ago since I had the same problem. For me the cable would suddenly "give" and I would crash my knuckles into the side of the RV.....got tired of that very quickly and made the switch over for $40 bucks at the time.

Well I have the door that flips up and the cable comes through it. I also have 2 30 foot extensions and thought of cutting cable that comes out the door and just use the extensions. Maybe that would be the best bet. But thanks for the information. Being I have the enclosed bottom does the cable just lay inside on top of bottom panel?

- - - Updated - - -

You just have to be carefull how you store it away, not much room back there.

Cable seems to be a little flimsy so that makes it a little harder to push in.

pegmikef

On my old North Trail I found that it was helpful to stretch the cable out to get rid of any "memory" twists. Then I slowly pushed the cable in and it would coil in the direction I pushed and would not try to form its own loops. Also, it is helpful to pull the cable straight out until you have a sufficient length to reach the pedestal instead of pulling and angling towards the pedestal at the same time.