Elk / Eagle Ridge - tire/wheel question

TireHobby

On my ER 34QSRL, we had some odd tire wear. I am interested in upgrading all the tires from Tow Max to something else. I could not find a psi rating inside the wheel rim, only a max load of 3580 lbs. Can someone tell me the psi limit on these rims? I want to know if the Goodyear G614s can be put on these rims.

I suspect your wheels were selected by the vehicle manufacturer to support the maximum load capacity of your TowMax tires that are most likely rated at 3520# at 80 psi. And, unless you can actually verify a pressure for your wheels to be able to support more than 80 psi you should not go there. If you cannot find the psi rating on the outside of the wheel you may have to have it disassembled to find the psi rating on the inside.

TireHobby

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Good news, we finally contacted TBC brands that makes the TowMax tire. We sent them pics and video of the tire. They responded with two choices: 1. They would ship me a new tire 2. They would reimburse me for my tire purchase up to $120 and up to $20 for mounting and balancing.

Since we aren't in a position to replace all 5 tires right now, We opted for the free tire shipped to us. We'll put it on the spare, and keep the damaged tire as a backup to the spare, in case we loose another tire.

Tredit did confirm 80 psi on the rims. There were no markings on the rim (we checked when we moved the spare tire to the regular rim).