Emergency window reinstallation

The window with frame, all one piece. It is the emergency exit window and I opened it too far and it came right off. Now it doesn't want to go right back on. We bought the 5th wheel used, and I found 2 screws laying next to 2 holes that go to the window, but I can't get the window to line back up to reinstall the screws.

wdk450

May be worth your while to have a professional glass shop that does mobile repairs on RV's to come to you to do the repair.
An internet search may come up with some company locally.

Routemaster

We just had thunderstorms and had a bad water leakage firstly I see that the window does not shut off around the bottom side corner looking out.
I thought I would check out the seal flat foam. I thought it would have been rubber bulb shape? Any way like another post the window fell out. I could not get window back in, just found out that the window has to be almost vertical in the 1 to 2 o'clock region. Attempt again tomorrow really bad design By the way there are two Phillips screws in the frame going down into that C shape at the top of window I guess it a sort of stop.

Routemaster

Would you use 7/16" X 3/16" It looks like to me exiting seal is 3/8"x1/8" not finding anything like this out there, do you think the 3/16" would squash down for a better seal? I stuck in the window with tape until I make the decision in what order.
I have not found any info or seals on the Lippert site, why heck install a decent hinge.
What do reckon?
Den.

Attachments

• Stopped the leak.JPG
    Stopped the leak.JPG
    655.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screw hole.JPG
    Screw hole.JPG
    535.6 KB · Views: 8

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Den, Steel Rubber will sent you samples of what ever you are trying to decide on.
Call them and ask for what you need. No charge.

Peace
Dave

Routemaster

Dave. It is on its way, I went for the 7/16" x 3/16" for anyone else tackling this project at a cost of $82.14 inc shipping.
Den.

Routemaster

Today I took the window out from under the tape and installed the seal around the frame, and now and after finding on line the sheet
:- Lippert's WINDOWS QR-178 HEHR 6400 window it says there to install at 45 degrees but I have nurmous attempts no joy.
So disappointed in my 365 investment.