Emptying Black Water Tank

Sariana

Hello! We are taking our first trip this weekend in our 2015 Heartland North Trail 33BKSS and can't seem to find the lever to release the black water tank to empty. I ran water and emptied the gray tank using the release valve, but there is only one valve release by the dump attachment. Can anyone provide some insight as to how we dump the black tank? Thank you in advance!

danemayer

Hi Sariana,

Congratulations on the new North Trail and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

I'm sure another North Trail 33BKSS owner can provide some guidance on this. But while you're waiting, you might want to get down on the ground to take a look for it. It might just be a little out of the way.

Ks.Kev

I have the NT 22 FBS , on mine there is one handle on the left of the discharge for the gray water tank and there should be another handle on the right side of the discharge for the black water tank.
One time I was emptying my tanks and the black water tank handle when pulled came ALL the way out and I was standing there with this handle with a rod attached in my hand!!! I'm sure I had that look of what the..........well the end of the rod had threads on it, so I went under the trailer and screwed it back on the valve where it came from and really tighten it! It's still there and doing it's job. IF your handle is not there for the black water tank, I'm afraid you might have lost it! OR was lost BEFORE you purchased it!
I'm sure you can get a replacement for it! Hope that helps solves you problem.

Kinguni

One of handles had fallen off in transit to our dealer. It was caught in the delivery inspection when we picked it up and they replaced it on the spot.

EB3

On my NT 30rkdd the black and gray 1 share a common 4 inch outlet. Black handle on left of outlet gray on the right. It may be up very close to the belly pan. So if you can only find one outlet and no black handle look for the hole the cable would have come out of. All of this should about midway on the coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DallasFull-Timer

If all else fails, get down on your hands and knees and investigate the frame for hidden handles. That's what it took to figure out where all 5 of mine were, LOL!