EMS-HW50C Install

whp4262

I decided to install a Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C electric management system and wanted the remote indicator inside the cabinet with the other switches and controls. I wired the unit before the auto transfer switch so the generator does not go through the EMS. Once I decided on a location for the EMS in the basement behind the wall I cut a piece of waffer board that I fastened to the wall and then mounted the EMS. I moved the main power cord, without cutting it, from the transfer switch to the EMS and purchased enough wire to run from the EMS back to the transfer switch.

The remote indicator is thin enough that the doors of the cabinet will close but getting the cable to the remote indicator from the EMS took a little work. I removed the decorative panel from the bottom of the cabinet where the remote in mounted. Thought I had a picture with the panel removed but guess not. Anyway behind the panel is the same sheetrock as the walls so I drilled a hole through the wall below the bathroom floor for access to the basement. Then I drilled another hole through the wall several inches up from the first hole, (there is a cross brace in the wall so you have to be above that to pull the wire up). Using a RotoZip tool I cut a groove in the wall wide enough to lay the wire in and covered the wire, groove and holes with aluminum tape. With the decorative panel installed its completely hidden. In the pictures you can see that I removed one of the slide switches to pull the wire up and drilled a hole through the vertical 2x4 so I could run the wire to where the remote was mounted. Now the remote is out of view with the cabinet doors closed and easy to get to when I want to look at the display.

Attachments

• IMG_0913.jpg
    IMG_0913.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0911.jpg
    IMG_0911.jpg
    770.6 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0908.jpg
    IMG_0908.jpg
    760.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0907.jpg
    IMG_0907.jpg