Entry Door Alignment

PondSkum

I've noticed that my door is not aligned very well with the opening. You can see daylight at the top of the door looking from the inside. Also, my deadbolt will not latch, it's too low and does not line up with the striker plate. I've attempted to adjust the striker, but it will not move down any. I'm thinking that the door needs to move up. Has anyone had this issue?

weekender01

Has it always done this? Is the camper level? Is the door in direct sunlight?

I have found that depending upon on how I level the camper I could make the frame twist if not careful which would change how the entry door fit. I assume you have the Level Up system? If so lay a level at multiple spots inside your camper checking your side to side and front to back levelness. Depending upon your findings you may have to re zero the system.

I also had camper that when in direct afternoon sun would cause a change in the door and would not allow me to use the deadbolt.

Good luck.

PondSkum

Has it always done this? Is the camper level? Is the door in direct sunlight?

I have found that depending upon on how I level the camper I could make the frame twist if not careful which would change how the entry door fit. I assume you have the Level Up system? If so lay a level at multiple spots inside your camper checking your side to side and front to back levelness. Depending upon your findings you may have to re zero the system.

I also had camper that when in direct afternoon sun would cause a change in the door and would not allow me to use the deadbolt.

Good luck.

We recently purchased the trailer, it's 2 years old, but was never used by previous owner. It was parked on a level covered concrete slab and never moved for 2 years. Still had the paper dealer tags on it when we got it. The deadbolt has not worked since we took possession and it's sitting on our driveway about as level as you can get. I just noticed the light around the door the other day, I'm not sure if it's been like that, but we've only had it about a month. I'm having other problems with the Level Up system (auto level doesn't work), but I don't think it's the reason for the door not latching correctly. And the door is facing north currently, so it doesn't really have the sun beaming directly on it.

Cougarfan

Just joined the Heartland Forum and found this Thread. Got new Big Country last year with Lippert Level Up system. Shortly after, we noticed an issue with rounded entry door catching/rubbing at top left. We assumed expansion due to heat and cold, but it wasn't consistent. Had service look at it and they suggested new door since they saw no way to adjust. We didn't go that route right away, but just got back from a Glacier Park trip where we had an odd leveling issue that required some orange risers. Without putting 2 and 2 together, the door began catching at the top so bad I had to climb stairs and hit it at the top to get it closed. Of course it was real hard to then get it open again. We finally put 2 and 2 together when we were leaving, took the 5th wheel off the jacks and onto truck, and the door opened and closed perfectly--no catching. Obviously, the frame was torquing, despite using the Auto Level feature. We haven't done anything yet about checking the leveling yet. Not enough time and I'm on a steep learning curve on my rig, but now that I've found this, I will do some checking.

Unfortunately, I've moved onto a different problem with the slides and leveling--auto circuit breakers tripping, and resetting and now a dead manual reset 50a breaker. I'm going to check for a thread on that issue right now, then come back here.