ERROR CODE -Low Voltage On LevelUp- Any ideas for a newbie???

KnJ

Hello. We just picked up our 2013 Landmark San Antonio about a week and half ago. When we arrived at Peoples Recreational Campground (which is absolutely beautiful by the way) and proceeded to go through our Auto Leveling sequence we got an error code towards the end saying "LOW VOLTAGE". I checked my battery, no corrosion, connections are good, voltage reads about 11.7. All the fuses are good (I even checked the 3 in the basement area) and all the breakers are good.

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. We are brand new to the world of RV'ing and we have begun our full timing lifestyle.

Thanks in advance!

Jerry

rick_debbie_gallant

Re: ERROR CODE -Low Voltage- Any ideas for a newbie???

That 11.7 volts is your low voltage problem. Now you just got's to figure out why it is so low.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader

I have had that code only once. Mine was caused by the front end not being able to drop down far enough during it's level cycle. The pump kept running trying to drop the nose but it could not. Had to level manually.

If it is not that situation, find out why you only have 11.7 volts on a battery that is presumably charged . I am going to assume that this is after driving all day. If you had something running in the trailer while driving, make sure you are actually charging the battery while hooked up to the truck. Start with your trailer plug.

BTW, I enjoy your blog. I look forward to see how Amazon works out for you.

DougS

Doug S
11.7 volts is too low, a low battery would be 11.9 volts, 12.6 volts a charged battery. Sounds like your converter is not working. First I would check the circuit breakers. Second, unscrew the back wall in the basement, (behind the docking station might be easy), and shine a light to see if converter became unplugged. Mine worked it's way out last week. If you find the converter plug out, a good working converter should read 13.6 volts (+ or -) output. Check outlet for 120 volts, there are also fuses on back of converter, but do the easy things first. Hopefully it's either the breaker or unplugged converter.

danemayer

Agree with DougS. If your converter is working, when plugged into shore power, you should see over 13V on the battery. When you take down the basement wall next to the UDC, you can probably get far enough in to check that it's plugged in. If it's unplugged, tie it into place with wire ties or velcro so it doesn't happen again. Here's a link to the documentation for the 9200, which is probably what you have. This and other manuals are in the TOOLS/OWNERS MANUAL section of the forum.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I would agree with you guys on the convertor except he said that this was after he arrived at the park, presumably not hooked up to electric yet, but I am assuming that.

TedS

The dealer may not have had it on shore power long enough to fully charge the battery.
After a week and a half without shore power, the parasitic draws pulled the babttery down.
Or both.
The drive was not long enough for the tow vehicle to charge the drawn down battery.
Connect to shore power or connect the trailer to the tow vehicle to maybe get enough 12vdc to operate the leveling system.

KnJ

Thanks for all the advice. I crawled under and checked to make sure that it is plugged- yes it was and the breaker is fine. I called a Kris Willis RV yesterday and he walked me through a few additional things but everything checked out fine. He is thinking that the converter could be bad. He suggested that I hook it up to a battery charger until we can drive over to them next week. Not sure if the battery could be bad also. I had it hooked up for almost 20+ hours and I am still showing 2/3 reading on my interior panel.

We had driven it down from Elkhart last week. Not sure if that is a sufficient distance to get a good charge?

Thanks again for all the advice.

Jerry

KWire

Jerry,

Please do make sure your battery has a good charge before pulling out. Your emergency brakes use the Landmark battery. Not that you should expect to have an emergency, but for safety sake it needs to be charged.

Keith

porthole

Retired
For all intents and purposes, 11.7 is a dead battery.
The batteries are installed by the dealer. And unless you specify/pay for a good one, the odds are you got the cheapest available. You could also have a battery installed that sat around too long without a maintenance charge.

KnJ

The battery took a charge once I pulled it out. I borrowed a neighbor's battery to test and it seems like it is the converter. We are heading to Springfield, MO tomorrow morning and they are going to look at it on Tuesday.

Thanks Duane for the advice.

KnJ

OK. So, everyone knows about Murphy's Law... well guess what! The converter was working when we arrived to Reliable RV in Springfield, MO. Also, the battery is fine too. Maybe there are some little Landmark gremlins crawling around in the underbelly chewing on things and creating mischief! Oh well, guess it is all good for now but I will keep on eye on it though.

porthole

Retired
Before my current career I spent almost 20 years in new car service.
Can't tell you how many time we heard "I can't believe this, it didn't work yesterday".

iPhone using Tapatalk