EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

GETnBYE

I was looking for things to do and see while we are in Gulf Shores and this is the list I came up with:

Historic Ft Morgan (about a 25 mile drive through the penisula) - http://www.ft-morgan.com/
Adults - $5
Seniors - $4
Military - Free

Gulf State Pier - http://www.alapark.com/GulfState/Gulf%20State%20Park%20Pier/
Fishing - $8.00
Sightseeing - $3.00 all day

Original Oyster House Boardwalk - 701 Gulf Shores Pkwy
Looks like lots of interesting little shops and eateries

If you interested in caravaning or hitching a ride let us know. I'm 99% sure we'll go to Ft Morgan just not sure what day.

Kelly, We saw this place and it was very interesting. Free also.
http://www.alabama.travel/things-to-do/attractions/holmes_medical_museum

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
The early birds are gathering. First Lou and Bette snuck in on Friday, then Wayne and Nita, Jerry and Debbie on Sunday morning followed after noon by Judy and Larry Haines and Donna and myself. The gracious folks in the check-in office have many sites set aside for our group on the loop that contains 125-185. All the sites are nice size; some pull-throughs if you like those. Who will show up today? We'll be looking for you.

jbeletti

Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Hi Hogan,

We arrive on Tuesday around 2pm +/-.

Would like a site with exposure to the southern sky for satellite reception from the rooftop dish. Back-in or pull-through, doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Jim

hogan

Re: EVENT: Mississippi/Alabama Heartland Chapter Rally: AL, Gulf Shores - 4/26/2012 to 4/29/2012

Do you prefer morning sun or afternoon sun on your patio?

jayc

Legendary Member

We should be there tomorrow between 4 and 5. We'll have Bill Sims and David Gondron also.

hogan

This LA (Lower Alabama) wind is taking care of that for you. See you tomorrow

JJOren

Guess by all standards we're going to be late. Unfortunately, couldn't afford any more time off work.

We'll be in on Thursday, 2:00 PM +/-.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Hi Hogan,
We plan on arriving Thursday late afternoon. Pulled our rig from Hilton Head to Unadilla GA yesterday, and just arrived back home in VA for some more medical tests tomorrow. Hoping all goes well so we can get back to GA on Wednesday, then Gulf State on Thursday. Might be a little tired when we arrive, but rally's always make my day. Looking forward to seeing all soon.

jbeletti

Hope your medical tests go well Eric. Looking forward to seeing you and Dorothy again.

Jim

hogan

John, you will be here in plenty of time to set up before the party gets going. Several are coming in early to take in the Blue Angels practice on Wednesday morning. We will be looking for that new rig of yours Thursday afternoon. Travel safe. We came through Saucier on way here from Paul B. Johnson state park where we overnighted Saturday night. Never been there and was impressed with the facility. See you soon.

hogan

Great Glenn and Fran. Look forward to seeing you. Do you plan to go to Pensacola to watch the Blue Angels practice on Wednesday morning? I think a bunch of us plan to go to LuLu's on Wednesday evening. I've never been but hear it is a rockin place. Yall travel safely; see you tomorrow.

gschaaf

Good morning Hogan we are packing up to get on the road. Yes we are planning on going to see the blue angels I can drive over if some want to ride with us. See ya soon

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Hogan - we won't be arriving until Thursday late afternoon/early evening (that darn work thing getting in the way again!) Just need plenty of space for our near 41st Key Largo, please! See you soon!

kimdot

Hi Hogan and Donna,

Hope all it going well with you - looking forward to the chapter rally. Is there going to be a potluck dinner on Friday or is it a go out to eat night?

Kim and Dottie

hogan

Yes Classic Classy Potluck Fruday at 6:25p

jayc

Legendary Member

We're here! After a rough start, we made it in about 4 this afternoon. All set up and ready to PARTY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.