EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Buena Vista - 5/12/2016 to 5/15/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
It is really a fairly simple game and is fairly fast to play. Unless someone chases the beer cart too much.

Lou_and_Bette

How about some euchre?

John, it's been a while since I played but think I could hold my own in a game. Lou

- - - Updated - - -

If anyone is interested in golfing on Fri. or Sat. let us know and we can try to set up a tee time.

Gregg, I would like to play if it can be arranged. Not real good at it but like being out with friends and hitting the ball around.

gwalter

I know we have 3 golfers for sure. Lou, usually when someone says they are not to good at cards or golf I get a bit nervous. I have met pool players who say that and then want to play for money. ;)

Bgthomas

We're planning to (re) visit the ghost town of St Elmo. It's 30-40 minutes away along Chalk Creek. At worst, a very nice drive.

StarryNight

Considering the effects of El Nino on our mountain weather this spring i'm thinking about bringing my snowshoes to the rally...:rolleyes:
Seriously though, if the weather continues the way it's been going I'm thinking we will have the opportunity for some snowshoeing! So, I won't be putting them away for a while:cool:
Anyone else game?

Monica

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Considering the effects of El Nino on our mountain weather this spring i'm thinking about bringing my snowshoes to the rally...:rolleyes:
Seriously though, if the weather continues the way it's been going I'm thinking we will have the opportunity for some snowshoeing! So, I won't be putting them away for a while:cool:
Anyone else game?

Monica

I don't have any snowshoes . . . but I'll have my boots!

Supposed to get a foot of snow in the next two days . . .

ProwlerSnow-IMAG0235.jpg TruckSnow-IMAG0234.jpg

These photos taken just two weeks ago . . . we got two feet of snow that day!

Four weeks . . . can't wait!

Although I have a feeling that we'll be whining about the weather being too hot by then . . .

JohnD

Think positive.

Can't wait to meet you at the Rally . . . positive thinking!

- - - Updated - - -

In anticipation of the snow storm that is approaching, I put the slides in last night and buttoned down the Prowler!

Was going to prime the plumbing and water heater today, but decided to wait until next week!

ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010693.jpg ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010708.jpg ProwlerNextToHouse-P1010701.jpg

JohnD

We're going to St Vrain next weekend IF I can prep the rig by Friday.

Great campground!

We love it there!

We usually go there on the July 4th. weekend every year, but are going down to the Royal Gorge this year on that weekend.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Anyone else game?

Monica

No need we will be bringing our snow blower.

gwalter

When Linda and I were at Arrowhead last fall and set up the rally, Cathy did share something with us. Last year at the time of our rally they had 2' of snow in BV around Mothers Day. Hope the weather gets the snow out of of it's system this week and then have a lonnnngg warming spell. Looking forward to seeing everyone there enjoying great weather.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I received last year from our chapter leader a sat dish, one of the manual ones. We do not need it anymore and would like to pass it along to whomever needs one. Let me know and I will bring it to the rally if you want it.

StarryNight

Long range forecast for the rally looks like it will be in the 50's during the day and low 40's at night...perfect weather for night time campfires, breakfast outside with a hot cup of java and "hot toddies" for a fun game of Poker Run!!
I haven't put away my snow shoes :cool:

Monica

gwalter

I talked to Cathy at Arrowhead today and she assured me the 14" of snow they got this week would be gone by then. :rolleyes: We have both the Pavilion and the indoor Rec Room reserved for the rally so we can adjust where we meet each day. We still have sites available for anyone wishing to change their minds about attending. It should be a fun time for all and looking forward to seeing everyone.

Bgthomas

I blew an injector this weekend shortly after parking the rig. A fellow camper towed the rig home for me, and I limped home smoking a tad. Mechanic tomorrow. I'm feeling like I'm putting his kid through college.

gwalter

Bruce, sorry to hear about your troubles. That is what is great about the camping community, someone is always willing to help out. Hope you can get it up and running again in time for our rally.

Bgthomas

Bruce, sorry to hear about your troubles. That is what is great about the camping community, someone is always willing to help out. Hope you can get it up and running again in time for our rally.

Have checkbook, will travel. Speak of community, it was Chuck and Kathy towed my rig home. We were already buddies through FCRV.

Two bolts that join the hitch and receiver. One sheared, one held. I'll be replacing both. Also a leak in the vicinity of kitchen sink that I need to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.