EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Buena Vista - 5/12/2016 to 5/15/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
The first thing I did when I got my Silverado was to check all of the traps to see if they were tight. Every one of them was loose and now I check them each spring.

Bgthomas

Turns out that it was that the exhaust gas cooler leaked (ruptured, actually). A known issue to me and I installed a coolant filter early on. Sucker got me anyway. Repair with all the associated parts and upgrades hits me for $3500.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Turns out that it was that the exhaust gas cooler leaked (ruptured, actually). A known issue to me and I installed a coolant filter early on. Sucker got me anyway. Repair with all the associated parts and upgrades hits me for $3500.

Sorry to hear that. When we got our first round of 6.0 Ambulances that was happening all the time. Hope shes up and running soon.

Bgthomas

I get her back tomorrow, Mike. That EGR cooler has been hanging over me, causing me not to trust her. Now I can tow the bumps to BV with a little faith.

I have to shout out for CoachNet. They towed it for the third time in 18 months with no questions, and no bill. I'm in customer service too, so when I judge them as consummate professionals, I do so with authority.

StarryNight

Just an FYI...Don and I will be arriving Tuesday May 10th and leaving Monday the 16th...I see it isn't next to our names on the list.

Thank you, Gregg, for adding this info to the attendee list :)

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Two weeks away . . . can't wait!

We'll be rollin' in early Thursday afternoon (May 12).

gwalter

We are 11 days out from our rally. Here's hoping the weather cooperates and the forecast for now says in the mid 60s. We have 6 trailers signed up to host the poker run which we can make work. We need 3 couples to volunteer to team up with Ronn & Sarah, Lou & Bette, and Susan & Mark as hosts to help with the snacks. You can let us know on here or PM them.

Thanks.

We are heading to Albuquerque for the New Mexico Rally this Tuesday, and from there to Buena Vista a week from Monday.

Everyone have safe travels.

Gregg & Linda

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Gregg & Linda:

I will hook up with you on Wed. Cheyenne has training class Tuesday evening and we will be on the road about 5 am on Wed. Should arrive around 1 pm. Steve & Ginger, Rich & Vicki will arrive on Tuesday as well.
Safe Travels and can't wait to see you guys! Extended weather shows Albuquerque clear for the rally....BV shows some light rain. So should be great time for both Rally's.....

gwalter

Garry:
We are staying in Trinidad Tues night. Should be in to Albuquerque Wed around noon.

Lou_and_Bette

We are overnighting in Amarillo tonight and on to Albuquerque tomorrow. Frost warnings here and very windy. See ya'll soon.

gwalter

It looks like the weather should be good in Albuquerque. Safe travels and see you Wed.

StarryNight

Since Don and I will be getting in Tuesday the 10th we thought we would have Dutch oven peach cobbler Wednesday evening (weather permitting). So, bring a bowl/spoon, your chair and something to drink over to our site for a campfire dessert and conversation :)
I have no idea the time...
Safe travels to all :)

Monica

Last edited:

Bgthomas

There is either a demon sabotaging my truck or an angel forcing the weak parts to fail now versus on the road. Now it's front bearings. I need to verify which side, but I'll do it myself. Timco hub assembly is $200.

gwalter

Sorry to hear about your troubles with your truck Bruce, but you are right better now than on the road. At least you have a few days left to get everything back in order.
------------------
John, Cathy is not scheduled to notify me of site numbers. You could give her a call and she can probably tell you which site based on you not needing 50 amp.

We are leaving at noon tomorrow for the New Mexico Rally in Albuquerque. We will see everyone next week!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Wish we were going down there this weekend . . .

Have fun and see you all next week!

Bgthomas

10 day forecast shows lows in mid 30s, highs in the 60s and clear through Thursday. Cross yer fingers. Mechanic will do both front bearings for about the same price as whole hub assembly. I trust this shop, and I need some confidence in the repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.