EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Colorado Springs - 9/15/2016 to 9/18/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjr6150

While there stop by site #69 Doc John stationed at FT Carson lives there. Has an amazing herd of deer he is able to hand feed.

Let him know Kathy and Randy say hi. If you get the urge invite him for a meal. Single soldier serving our country. We adopted him when staying there.

MTPockets

You all sooo surprised June tonight on her birthday when you called and the group sang Happy Birthday.. What a great surprise and she was delighted on her first night out since her fall in January. We love you all and so wish we could be there. Have a great rally and be safe heading out.

skyguy

It was great to catch up with some old friends last night! Glad we could make it, if only for dinner. Now back to my 50th HS reunion... Y'all have fun! Had fun walking up to JB last night - he had that classic "deer caught in the headlights" look!!! Good to see you Jim.

Al & Rexann Schlafli

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well, we made it home about 2 p.m. at got unloaded and parked the Prowler in the yard.

Can't believe the Rally is over already . . . time goes by so fast!

We had a great time at the Mountaindale Rally . . . thank you Gregg and Linda for a wonderful event!

It was great seeing all of our HOC friends . . . plus, we made some new friends as well!

Can't wait to see you all again next year at the Ft. Collins Rally . . .

And for those who are on their way or who will be going to the Vegas Rally . . . can't wait to meet up with you there!

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Congratulations to the Colorado Chapter and Gregg & Linda for a super Rally! Lot's of fun and I think everyone gained a few pounds! Super time by all...
I left Mountaindale at 4:42 AM...Arrived at the ranch 8:22 PM your time....Half unloaded and I have two days to get ready for Fort McDowell Rally...
Thank you everyone!

By the way the attendees from Colo Rally going to Ft McDowell Rally....I-10 at Lordsburg NM was closed for a few days while resurfacing the interstate. Your Garmin may try to detour you....DON'T let it....the Interstate is done and there is no longer a detour.....Just FYI...
Safe Travels..

jbeletti

I have to echo the sentiments of John and Garry - great rally Gregg and Linda!

This is my second Colorado rally. My first one was in Gunnison many years ago - during the Bob and Marion days. Sadly, I never made it to one of Don and Monica's rallies.

Mountaindale RV Resort and Cabins is a fabulous place. Anyone considering a visit to the area should check this place out. They stay real busy here too - so make reservations well in advance :)

It was super great to meet so many new faces from Colorado and beyond. Now Colorado residents for 2 weeks, Nancy and I really love the Colorado Springs area and hope to stay here for a number of years and explore the area and more of the rest of the state as well as many destinations west.

Sorry to have missed the after-rally meal tonight. Dan and Ann M had trailer trouble on the way home today. Terry H and I rescued them about half way to Penrose. We helped them prepare the RV for a slow ride back to Mountaindale and hope to have repairs (wheel bearing and brake) begin tomorrow. Anyway, we figured they had enough on their minds with repairs to come and a bunch of appointments back home to reschedule, so we took them out to dinner. By the way, Edelweiss Restaurant was very good!

Garry - thanks for the I-10 - non-detour tip. See you and many others in Fort McDowell on Wednesday afternoon.

dlw930

Sorry to have missed the after-rally meal tonight. Dan and Ann M had trailer trouble on the way home today. Terry H and I rescued them about half way to Penrose. We helped them prepare the RV for a slow ride back to Mountaindale and hope to have repairs (wheel bearing and brake) begin tomorrow. Anyway, we figured they had enough on their minds with repairs to come and a bunch of appointments back home to reschedule, so we took them out to dinner. By the way, Edelweiss Restaurant was. .....

I'm sorry Dan and Ann had trailer issues going home. I hope they're able to get it squared away and make it home today. Always good to hear of other club members coming to the rescue.

David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Thank you Gregg and Linda for a fun rally! It was good to see everyone again, and meet some new folks as well. We made it to Gallup much to Heidi's dismay because grass is no where to be found. Safe travels to everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

Good times, good company, good beer!

Bristol Brewery.jpg

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Thank you all for the kind words. We could not have had this very fun rally without each of you in attendance. We really enjoyed seeing many of our old friends, and it was also good to make several new ones. We thank everyone for helping to bring this rally together.

Wishing everyone safe travels until we meet again.

Linda & Gregg

Last edited:

danemayer

We enjoyed ourselves greatly - Gregg and Linda put on a wonderful rally.

Things got a little dicey on our departure. As Jim Beletti mentioned, on departure we had a breakdown a few miles from the campground. Many thanks to Jim and Terry Hershberger for coming to our rescue and helping us get back to the campground. And our thanks also to Mountaindale staff who helped us get the repairs done. They even offered to pick up the necessary parts for us. They really went out of their way to help out.

jeffnkelly

Colorado Chapter Leaders
Hi all,

We had a great time meeting everyone. We will definitely see you all again!! We are just sorry we couldn't have come in earlier.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hey guys.. Need some info. While at the rally I spoke with Don?? about a DC Vidaair or something that would air up a large tire quickly. I believe it hooked up to the battery. It was small and came in a bag with hose, pressure gauge and such. I had a tire go down on me on the way to Henderson NE. Caught it before it went flat. But my spare was only 95psi and I couldn't get it aired up to 110 with my compressor. It usually would but it is like me getting old. Does anyone know what the compressor was called. I think Don got it on Amazon..

PM me if you would or text me..

Thanks
BC

TXBobcat

Fulltime

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Hey Bob . . .

I got this at Lowe's for $40:

KobaltAirCompressor-P1010569.jpg LowesKobaltAC.jpg

I love this thing, pumps up to 120 PSI, works on 12-volt and 110, plus it fits nicely under the back seat of my truck!

I use it all the time!

danemayer

Thanks Dan.. Now I have another question. I went out and looked it up. They have a 450P RV Automatic and a 400P RV Automatic. The 450 specs 150psi/1.8 CFM. The 400P and it specs 150psi/2.3 CFM.
Does that mean that the 400 has a higher air movement rate than the 450P. Able to inflate a tire more rapidly...

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ble+compressor+kit&sprefix=viair+400p,aps,349

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...air+450p-rv+automatic+portable+compressor+kit

The 400P Automatic is VIAIR's first Automatic shutoff function portable compressor. Powered by an easy-to-establish temporary connection to a 12-volt battery power source, this 33% duty cycle unit is capable of pressures up to 150 PSI and can be operated for up to 40 minutes at a time before needing to be rested.

The 450P Automatic is VIAIR's first Automatic shutoff function portable compressor and is rated for use with most any size tire. Powered by an easy-to-establish temporary connection to a 12-volt battery power source, this 100% duty cycle unit is capable of pressures up to 150 PSI continuously without the need to be rested.

Status
Not open for further replies.