EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Colorado Springs - 9/15/2016 to 9/18/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
breakfast sounds better the closer we get to Saturday!:)
Don & I are loaded up and tires have been checked...we will be heading out in about 20 minutes...should take us about an hour and a half to get to Mountaindale as long as I-25 isn't clogged!!!!
See everybody soon:cool:

gwalter

Good luck on I-25. The sooner you head south the better. See you tomorrow. It is 46 degrees here now.

iPhone Tapatalk

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
The "Girls" are helping me finish up the packing....Not one step without them!
Heading out at O Dark thirty tomorrow...not sure where we will stop for the night....
Las Vegas NM or Trinidad. If space was available, I would drive straight through.

See you around noon or so on Thursday!!!

Safe Travels to everyone...

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Heading out at O Dark thirty tomorrow...not sure where we will stop for the night....
Las Vegas NM or Trinidad. If space was available, I would drive straight through.

The Las Vegas KOA is very nice . . . we've stayed there a couple of times and will probably stay there again on our way to Lake Havasu!

There is a KOA in Raton . . . but not quite as nice as the Las Vegas KOA.

See you Thursday!

Doublegranch

JohnD:

Thanks....I looked up the KOA in Las Vegas and had a few negative comments so wasn't sure if they were still valid...
See you soon.

JohnD

JohnD:

Thanks....I looked up the KOA in Las Vegas and had a few negative comments so wasn't sure if they were still valid...
See you soon.

The Las Vegas KOA is where we ran into the Belletti's on the way home from Tucson last February.

gwalter

Garry, We do have a site available Wed. night. Dave & Sue won't need theirs that night. Site 20. Give me a call if you might want it.

Gregg

Doublegranch

Gregg:
I will give you a call on the way....not sure how far I will make it, generally I am able to drive it in one day...depends on when I get started.
Thanks...

Mrsfish

I just wanted to give a shoutout to all of my Colorado friends and say that I truly hope you have a wonderful rally. One day soon we will be able to attend more of these rallies and I can hardly wait. Until then- keep JD away from the 'ball, tell Monica I now have 4 bird feeders and carry a birding guide with me, and share with Dan and Ann that the labs miss them (okay, they miss Ann's treats).. Until we meet again- safe travels and good rallies!!

gwalter

Thank Ann,

We look forward to having you and Rick joining us at the Mancos Rally next Sept. I did get a chance to fish the Arkansas River when we had our rally at Buena Vista. I even caught a couple. :) You know how hard it is to control JohnD. We will assign you as his monitor at Mancos.

JohnD

I promise to be as mello as Jello . . . :angel:

One more day of work . . . then three days of Mountaindale bliss! :eek:

jbeletti

For those who prefer scrambled eggs, I'll be making some of my Creamy Cheesy Scrambled Eggs for the Saturday breakfast.

Greengas

Just flew back in from Florida last night. Getting feet on the ground and packing today. Heading out tomorrow! Can't wait.

Doublegranch

Spending the night In Raton at KOA....going through a storm from the "Devil" himself...hail so bad, I am not joking they had two snow plows on I 25 south of Raton....

See you tomorrow...

Mrsfish

Spending the night In Raton at KOA....going through a storm from the "Devil" himself...hail so bad, I am not joking they had two snow plows on I 25 south of Raton....

See you tomorrow...

good decision...please be safe, there are lots of other rallies!!

Doublegranch

Ann:
Thanks...Yep I agree....and to think I was laughing at Tom our MT Chapter Leader 12 hours earlier when he called and said it was snowing!!! Hum...pay backs are sometimes a little rough...

I was able to slow way down and drive behind the severe part...still caught hail but it was smaller in size. By the time I found a place to pull over, I was only a few miles from Raton.

jbeletti

Sorry to hear about the hail Garry. Hope you don't have any damage. We lost power here at the rally CG about an hour ago. My generator is a welcome luxury right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

We stayed at the Raton KOA on the way down to Tucson . . . nice place to spend the night while on the road.

Had a big herd of deer running around the park when we were there.

Status
Not open for further replies.