EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Colorado Springs - 9/15/2016 to 9/18/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Gregg:

Ted & Bette Scott will become new HOC members and will be joining the UT chapter however will live in AZ for the Winter. They are heading back to AZ in a couple of weeks taking a scenic tour! I suggested the COS Rally to them and they would like to attend. I gave him the RV phone number and if he can't get into Mountaindale, he will most likely stay at KOA in the Springs and visit the rally for a few days and then head to Branson, MO for a short trip.
He will let me know where he will be staying and his plans for the COS Rally!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Welcome to Ted & Bette, I have added you to the standby list. The Fountain KOA is not too far away as is Cheyenne Mt. State Park. Cheyenne Mt is closer and very nice but reservations can sometimes be hard to get as it is a very popular place. We look forward to meeting you.

Update:

The Golden Eagle Ranch & RV Park was recommended to me yesterday by a gentleman at the Visitors Center. The 2016 reviews on it at RVpark reviews are good. It is the closest campground to Mountaindale.
5.7 Average

[h=4]Golden Eagle Ranch RV Park & Campground Link[/h]710 Rock Creek Canyon Rd Colorado Springs, Colorado 80926 (map) | (719) 576-0450
Sites: 500 | Latest Rate: $38.00 | 36 Reviews

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Welcome Ted & Bette!

Cheyenne Mountain State Park is awesome!

We stayed there for a couple of nights on our way to our very first Colorado HOC Rally . . . at Mountaindale!

CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2007.jpg CheyenneMtnCO2014-IMG_2108.jpg

CheyenneMntSunset-IMG_2100.jpg

But hopefully you can still get in at Mountaindale.

jeffnkelly

Colorado Chapter Leaders
Any chance to get on the Standby list? Our truck was down and didnt think we would make it but was able to upgrade the truck :)

Greengas

Sarah and I will bring diced green and red peppers for the omelette breakfast. I also have a big double burner if that is needed for cooking.

gwalter

Thanks Ronn,

We have 2 cookers lined up so should be good to go.

Sarah and I will bring diced green and red peppers for the omelette breakfast. I also have a big double burner if that is needed for cooking.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I'm here now. In Site#9.. Not sure who all else is here.. There is a Sundance and a Bighorn.

Come by and say hello..

BC

Carleen

Any chance to get on the Standby list? Our truck was down and didnt think we would make it but was able to upgrade the truck :)

We were going to be showing up for the weekend, but won't be able to make it. Would you like our site? If so- let me know

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

gwalter

Carlene, sorry to hear you won't be able to make the rally. Jeff was able to get a site late last week.

If anyone else would like to attend please contact Carlene or me.

Gregg

iPhone Tapatalk

Carleen

Carlene, sorry to hear you won't be able to make the rally. Jeff was able to get a site late last week.

If anyone else would like to attend please contact Carlene or me.

Gregg

iPhone Tapatalk

I will need to cancel the site by 4PM on 9/7 if no one is interested. Otherwise, they will be happy to roll the reservation over to someone if they would like. It is only for the weekend (9/19 leaving 9/21).

Thanks!

jbeletti

I've changed this with the CG - the Belettis will now arrive on Wednesday instead of Monday. See you then!

JohnD

We were going to be showing up for the weekend, but won't be able to make it. Would you like our site? If so- let me know

Carleen
2011 Ford F-350 6.7
2011 Big Horn 3585RL

Everybody was hoping to meet you there!

Well . . . next year!

Carleen

Everybody was hoping to meet you there!

Well . . . next year!

I was so excited to go as well! We are having issues with our trailer- water leaks after this last weekends rain and my son is having some medical issues that we need to pay attention to so I had to back out. I am excited to meet everyone as well and am looking forward to the next outing.

brianlajoie

Gregg,
Brian and I thought we could bring some muffins or croissants to go with the omelets. Would that work?

Jan and Brian Lajoie

gwalter

That sounds good to me Jan. I will put it on the list and look forward to seeing you next week.

gwalter

We are getting excited for the rally next week. We have 6 states represented and 22 rigs signed up. We have also had several great raffle prizes donated, and currently have 16 items to raffle off with values up to $240 (listing is on post #1). We hope everyone has safe travels and look forward to seeing all of you.

JohnD

Mission control . . . T-minus one week and counting . . . CAN'T WAIT!

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
We have changed our arrival date to September 14th. We have contacted the campground with our change of plans.

StarryNight

I plan on making hash browns for Saturday's breakfast (as well as bringing some shredded cheese).

jbeletti

Gregg may be planning on supplying breakfast sausage. I plan to cook it for the breakfast on the Rec-Tec Mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.