EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Colorado Springs - 9/15/2016 to 9/18/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Mark and I signed up today, and are looking forward to going. We also signed up for the one in BV in May, so ae looking for a lot of fun with the group. We are new to camping with the group, so may need some help from time to time. Susan and Mark B, Pueblo West

Can't wait to meet you guyz and welcome you to the Mountain Region of the Heartland Owner's Club!

You are going to have a blast here in Colorado!

We are a fun bunch and love to have a good time RV'ing!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Welcome to the group and we look forward to meeting you. We will help you as best as we can. I am best at helping folks drink their beer...

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
I sent you a pm and hopefully Mountaindale has some sites open yet. We look forward to meeting you in Sept.

gwalter

Welcome and I will get you on the list. We have a great group and will have a fun time.

gwalter

Monica got a call from Mountaindale and they have 3 sites open for our rally. They will hold them until Friday if anyone is interested. You can call and make reservations with them. 719-576-0619.

Gregg

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Well I didn't realize that the available sites were closing out so soon. I was working on trying to make this rally. I will call tomorrow and see if they have any open.. I have stayed at this park before and it is a great park. However your cell phone and Cell internet probably won't work there. It didn't when I was there last, but they have a great park WiFi..

I'll let you know if I can get a site..

BC

gwalter

Bob, I know a couple of rigs have been able to sign up since the reservation window was closed. Let's hope they still have a site open but this is a very popular campground here. I can get some Verizon cell service there if I walk up the hill above the campground or over on the road up to the quarry.:)
Good Luck

Gregg

StarryNight

Bob,
It won't hurt to try:)
It would be great if you are able to come to this rally...it is a beautiful location and yes, cell phone coverage is spotty.

Hope to see you,
Monica

TXBobcat

Fulltime
OK.. I'm in.. I just made a reservation. I am in site #9. Arrive on the 12th and leave on the 19th..

So there.. your stuck with me.. This is an expensive campground... I've been there before sometime ago.. Looking forward to seeing you all..

BC

BTW.. I will get some vegies to dice up and add to the pot for breakfast..
Is it ok if I dice them up now?????

Also.. I just talked to the office. They will reserve a site if you call. They just won't hold sites until just before the rally.. That is unusual... but call and see if they have any openings..
FWIW

gwalter

Welcome Bob, glad you got in and look forward to seeing you. I will add you to our list. I think most people prefer diced veggies that are a little fresher.

Thanks for the info that they still have some sites open.

gwalter

We will have an opening for this rally on one of our sites already reserved. If anyone is interested in joining us let me know. One of our group has to cancel but are holding the site for now so we can fill it with a HOC member. If you have been undecided now is the chance to join this rally at a great campground. THIS SITE HAS BEEN TAKEN.

Last edited:

JohnD

Now that the Buena Vista Rally is in the books . . . I can't wait for this one at Mountaindale!

Wish we could make the Camp Hale and Rifle Gap campouts . . . but our work schedules just don't work!

I may make a day trip up to Camp Hale to say HI!

Maybe I'll bring a tent to spend the night (I think we still have a tent around here somewhere that was probably last used at Camp Hale)!

We will be down at the Royal Gorge over the July 4th. weekend (our next planned outing with the Prowler) if anyone is going to be around . . .

Let us know and maybe we can meet up!

JohnD

By the by . . . as some may know I was a newspaper photographer in a previous life and now sell cameras for a living.

And I will be giving a photography class at the Mountaindale Rally for those that are interested.

I did one down at the Tucson Rodeo Rally in February 2016 and had over 30 in attendance and everyone said they learned at least one thing they didn't know about their digital cameras.

I covered both point & shoot and DSLR's (Digital Single Lens Reflex) cameras . . . and will also cover mirrorless cameras as well!

What is a mirrorless camera?

Come to my class and you'll find out . . .

Personally, I have 17 digital cameras . . . six of them interchangable lens cameras and two of them are mirrorless (I was using my two mirrorless cameras at Buena Vista) . . .

Heck . . . I'll even cover cell phone cameras if need be!

Since I sell cameras in my current life I am familiar with most all brands and models and can help you learn what all of those buttons, knobs and dials are all about.

Plus . . . a lot of photo techniques as well.

Let me know here if you are interested and what camera(s) you have, plus any questions you may have as well.

My goal is to at least give you one thing to make your photos better . . .

Here are some random photos of mine just to get you thinking . . .

Moon-Jet-sig-IMGP0952.jpg ElkInCampground-IMGP2943.jpg Moosies-7-03-05-P1040854-D.jpg HouseFireHorz-12-07-1979.jpg HighCentered-IMGP4145.jpg

Attachments

• SunsetWildfirePoudre2012-IMGP3011.jpg
    SunsetWildfirePoudre2012-IMGP3011.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Sunrise-1-3-12-P1038044.jpg
    Sunrise-1-3-12-P1038044.jpg
    622.2 KB · Views: 16
  • SunsetMoon-P1070324.jpg
    SunsetMoon-P1070324.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 16
  • TexasDWIsign-P9160190.jpg
    TexasDWIsign-P9160190.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 15
  • BearStanding-P1070754.jpg
    BearStanding-P1070754.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 16
  • TequomenonFalls.jpg
    TequomenonFalls.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 17
  • SDMtRushmore-IMG_0760.jpg
    SDMtRushmore-IMG_0760.jpg
    493 KB · Views: 16
  • PrairieDogs-IMGP0247.jpg
    PrairieDogs-IMGP0247.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 15
  • SandDunes-IMGP1114.jpg
    SandDunes-IMGP1114.jpg
    590.2 KB · Views: 15

Possum51

Gregg, what is left that we can bring for the omelettes? Sorry, I just now saw the post! Thanks, Pat and Elaine

gwalter

It looks like maybe some diced onions is available. Hope all is well with you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.