EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: FL, Marathon - 10/13/2017 to 10/15/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Still nearly two months until the Florida Rally at Marathon. So far, we are counting 7 rigs gathering at Fawn Ridge RV Park prior to the Rally plus special guests who will be sharing our Sheddy house and visiting with the travelers. Look to my earlier post for more information. Our park is in a great area; less than ten miles to Disney parks and Disney Springs. We will try to set up a visit to Disney hotels to view fireworks.
Hogan

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Linda - FYI - we changed our reservations coming in on Oct 10-24th. Let us know if we can help with anything.
B--

lindaw

Florida Chapter Leader - Retired
Linda - FYI - we changed our reservations coming in on Oct 10-24th. Let us know if we can help with anything.
B--
Can you fish, we just got home from our trip and we have to fish a lot so we can have
our fish fry? Looking forward to seeing you again and see pictures of Alaska trip.
Linda

Nabo

We will be down in FL the last week of September. Wonder if I can get Rodbuster to help out with the fishing????

lindaw

Good Morning everybody,
I had and offer from John Lindstrom to set up a golf outing if anyone is interested. If you are please PM John @Lindstrom1950.
Linda

Georgia_Biker

WE HAVE TO CANCEL!!! ARGH!!!

We sold our house in anticipation of being Full Timers but, we lucked up on a deal for a small retirement home in downtown Covington and we have got to get some changes and moving done before we hit the road. I am sure someone will fill our spot quickly.

See ya'll somewhere later.

Nabo

Tell John that Nathan's up for some golf. For some reason I can't PM him.
golf happy cartoon.jpg

lindaw

WE HAVE TO CANCEL!!! ARGH!!!

We sold our house in anticipation of being Full Timers but, we lucked up on a deal for a small retirement home in downtown Covington and we have got to get some changes and moving done before we hit the road. I am sure someone will fill our spot quickly.

See ya'll somewhere later.
Sorry to hear you can't make it but good luck on the house.
Linda

Lindstrom1950

Thanks Linda for letting me know about Nathan, if anyone is interested please text me at7726314993 or email me at Lindstrom1950@gmail.com
There are 2 golf courses in Marathon, one is a par 3 course and the other course has only 9 holes open, they have 5 tee boxes and 2 pins on every hole and the cost is between $40 and $45 (they were not sure) for 18 holes

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Melba Toast, alias sweet Melba King, has joined up in the group stopping over at Fawn Ridge Campground in Sunny Davenport Florida, near Disney properties on the trek down to the Florida Rally in Marathon Florida. Some are coming in as early as last week of September and some just for a couple of days right before the Rally. Plenty of room for more folks; 8 rigs already; a special Mystery Pot Luck is in the works and special guests Dick and Reta Hill, of "HillsonWheels" fame will be with us. Everyone is welcome, but we do need to make a reservation for you. Contact me at ahcooperii@gmail.com or pm me at hogan on the forum.

lindaw

Good afternoon all, went to the keys today
to get some exciting events planned, also found out there
are a couple of nice sites left due to cancellation
so if it was on your to do list give them a call and reserve
a site.
Linda

lindaw

For those of you who are interested I have arranged for a discount tour of Aquarium Encounters. If we have a group of 20 at least the discount is
25% off 20.00 which would make it $15.00. It is quiet an interesting place, we toured it the other day and felt it was something everyone would enjoy. If you are interested please let me know, I was thinking the 12th which is Thursday would be a good day. Also for those who are traveling to
this area for the first time, It is important for you to know that it is wise not to take I-95 all the way into Miami, it would be your worst nightmare If you are coming 95 take Ft.Pierce exit to the florida turnpike and make sure to get yourself a sunpass.Once you are in the keys on overseas hwy the only place to stop will be after MM 81, long pull thru and would probably accomodate 3 to 4 rigs. Also see changes I have made to post#1
Linda

plshilo

For those of you who are interested I have arranged for a discount tour of Aquarium Encounters. If we have a group of 20 at least the discount is
25% off 20.00 which would make it $15.00. It is quiet an interesting place, we toured it the other day and felt it was something everyone would enjoy. If you are interested please let me know, I was thinking the 12th which is Thursday would be a good day. Also for those who are traveling to
this area for the first time, It is important for you to know that it is wise not to take I-95 all the way into Miami, it would be your worst nightmare If you are coming 95 take Ft.Pierce exit to the florida turnpike and make sure to get yourself a sunpass.Once you are in the keys on overseas hwy the only place to stop will be after MM 81, long pull thru and would probably accomodate 3 to 4 rigs. Also see changes I have made to post#1
Linda
Hey Linda.....
Count Linda & I in on the Encounter!!!!! Sounds like a lot of Fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.