EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: GA, Elko - 3/16/2012 to 3/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATLJOHN

Hi Randy and Samtha
We are arriving Thur 15 Mar until Sun 18 MAR. Cant wait to see Jim and Nacy;s new rig.

See you all on Thur evening arriving about 5pm.

John & Judy

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Hi Randy and Samtha
We are arriving Thur 15 Mar until Sun 18 MAR. Cant wait to see Jim and Nacy;s new rig.

See you all on Thur evening arriving about 5pm.

John & Judy
John & Judy, Santha and I are going to arrive Wednesday. Larry & Samantha (Southern Nights) are planning Wednesday also.
You and Judy pack up and Join us. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

codycarver

Founding Wyoming Chapter Leader-retired
MAN, am I jealous. You guys are going to a rally THIS weekend and I'm still in the pink stuff!! Have a great time... we will be thinking of you. Come on April!!!

Randy

MAN, am I jealous. You guys are going to a rally THIS weekend and I'm still in the pink stuff!! Have a great time... we will be thinking of you. Come on April!!!
Dave, I was born in eastern Oregon. I know what those winters are like. It is rough this week here in Georgia. It is going to be in the 80's.
Have to knock the ice off the palm tree. Well maybe just water it. LOL, Randy Santha and the Poodles

brauch

Camping Wife
Not a very good start to our day. Picked up the RV from storage, drove to the truck wash to get it cleaned up, and we noticed the back window was shattered !! What a shock. Glass all over the rear interior ..... must have shattered when pulling into the truck wash, since there was also glass all over the top of the storage box on the rear bumper of the RV. We called our dealer and made arrangements to drop it off there immediately. They are ordering an entire new window assembly, which will take about 10 days to get in. They are also in the process of cleaning all the glass out of the RV, and will mount a piece of plexiglass and seal it so we can pick it up (hopefully tomorrow) and we can bring it home to pack up and hightail it to the Elko rally. The service manager at the dealer indicated that (on the glass that was not shattered) there looked like there were pit marks as though small stones were sprayed up against the glass. That could have happened while in storage. The glass was not shattered when we picked it up at the storage facility, but the glass may have been weakened and driving the coach was enough for it to shatter. Very strange event. Hopefully, we will get to the rally before the end of the festivities !!!!!

Randy

Ed & Barbara, This is not great news. Hopefully your dealer can get you back on the road so you can attend the rally.
It sounds Like you have very good dealer. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Christytra

We should be arriving tomorrow after stopping to have our tankless water heater installed in the morning. We should be able to stay until Sunday morning. I'm planning non-irish for the potluck....pork roast with a spicy raspberry sauce and maybe homemade blueberry cheesecake ice cream if I can find everything I need! Meet y'all tomorrow!

Randy

We should be arriving tomorrow after stopping to have our tankless water heater installed in the morning. We should be able to stay until Sunday morning. I'm planning non-irish for the potluck....pork roast with a spicy raspberry sauce and maybe homemade blueberry cheesecake ice cream if I can find everything I need! Meet y'all tomorrow!

Christy & Sam, Those potluck items are irish on ST Patricks day. Santha and I arrived about 1:30 and the weather is
wonderful. See you tomorrow. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Sorry we can't be there. It sounds like it's going to be a wonderful weekend. Have fun.

brauch

Camping Wife
Yahoo.......Dealer called early am.....we picked up the coach about noon. It ain't perty, but it is functional. We will be there at our scheduled day (Thursday)...shooting for between 4 and 5 pm. Yes, we have a great dealer. The new window assembly is on order.
Ed & Barbara, This is not great news. Hopefully your dealer can get you back on the road so you can attend the rally.
It sounds Like you have very good dealer. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Yahoo.......Dealer called early am.....we picked up the coach about noon. It ain't perty, but it is functional. We will be there at our scheduled day (Thursday)...shooting for between 4 and 5 pm. Yes, we have a great dealer. The new window assembly is on order.
Ed and Barbara, sorry about your window,but it sounds like things are still gonna work out for you. Sorry we can't be at this rally,but we will see you in HH if not before.

archbarb

Hope you all have a great weekend....sorry we can't be there but we are having to "rough it" in Cedar Key FL...Old Florida with a huge attitude! It is gorgeous here!!!
Barb:cool:

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Wish we were there already... but we are still trying to get the house in some kind of order since the movers came on Monday. Just got the washer and dryer hooked up last night at 10:00 est time (still trying to get used to the time change!!!) and will be heading to Tennessee this am to pick up the Big Horn from kin folks house. We will be back to GA tomorrow to load up and head to the rally!!! Can't wait!!!

ALF

Former Georgia Chapter Leaders
Just noticed that our location is still WI....guess we need to change that to GA!

jbeletti

Hi Paul and Sue,

Welcome to the South. Bet you miss the North country already. You'll assimilate to Southern ways before too long. Looking forward to introducing you guys here at the rally to a lot of my other friends.

We rolled in about 5:45 tonight. Passed a Sundance on I-75 that was pulled over on the side of the southbound lanes. Figured it might be Ed and Barbara Rausch. We called them and it was! They had a flat and were waiting for service to arrive. Guess service was running 90 minutes so a couple of Heartlanders rolled out there and got their tire changed and followed them back to the campground. Happy ending. Until Ed goes out to buy a full set of tires!

Nancy and I joined Dick/Reta, Larry/Samantha over at Randy/Santha's RV for dinner. Nice time visiting with them and other Heartlanders out walking their dogs.

Weather is great here but the mosquitos are just emerging :( No problem though - we'll don some spray or start wearing a Thermacell around our necks :)

Jim

hillsonwheels

Guess it must be the first time outta storage blues. :( Though we don't store our Bighorn, we had issues yesterday as well. Threw a Goodyear tread on the way up. We were blessed tho. Tire stood up so was able to limp to next exit for a Good Sam's tech to change it. Next exit up in Valdosta, a Goodyear truck tire store had six (6) load range Gs in stock (He normally carries around 30!) The bad news, of course, was the price and the coach damage. But, Randy sez he wins cuz his damage was worse. :rolleyes: Best news......no one hurt and because the tire held air, the service writer started a claim with Goodyear corporate before the tires were changed.

We lost about three hours driving time but arrived safely. Even better, the Bandstra's adopted us for the night and fed us! :cool: (Although there was just a little moaning about wanting stuffed peppers around 6pm.) :confused:

So, we're giving thanks in the Hill house!

Dick

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
Dick, sorry to hear about your tire trouble. Enjoy the GoJa Rally and we will see you next week at Lazy Days. We are parked at TT Orlando just a couple of doors from Phil and Pam Lau who will also be at the Florida Rally. See you soon.
Hogan

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
We finally made it and oh was it worth the wait to get here. Thanks Randy, that dinner tonight was very good. The Amish or Mennonites are great cooks. Now for tomorrow we are just going to stay around the park and have a nice leisurely day of rest. What a great group of people. Meets lots of new friends and linked up with a few old ones too. We love the rally life.

Status
Not open for further replies.