EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: KY, Cave City - 10/9/2015 to 10/11/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

krhyde

Kentucky Chapter Leaders-retired
Ken - if golf is being planned on Friday, Nathan will probably play. He is bringing the camper in late Thursday evening.

Weather permitting, we will leave from site 3 at 8:30 on Friday to go to the golf course. If it rains we will join Neale and group for the Corvette factory tour. Contact Neale to find out about room for more people on the tour. Neale is in site 7.

MCTalley

For those that missed it, here are the Budweiser Clydesdales coming down Broadway in Cave City. More pictures here -> LINK.

IMG_9651-L.jpg

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
According to Neale - the tour is at 10 am at the factory. Since it's about a 25-30 minutes drive, Neale said he was going to leave the campground at 9. Several other of us are planning to go to cracker barrel for breakfast then be down near the factory by 9:30. Maybe Neale will chime in but I'm not sure where at the factory we are suppose to meet. Also he will be collecting the $$ down there so he probably would like exact amount. The tour folks have asked that only one person pay so that is why he's will be the one collecting from us before the tour.

jbeletti

Corvette tour details - anyone?

I'm not the planner, nor is the chapter leader, but so far as I know...

9:00 am leave the CG - no planned carravan that I'm aware of
9:30 am arrive at Corvette plant
10:00 am our private tour

Specific details about the tour can be found in post #109.

Karen and Dan H are riding with Nancy and I. We plan to roll at 9 am. We also plan to visit the Corvette Museum after the factory tour and have lunch at the Museum in the Corvette Cafe.

Feel free to follow us, though I've never been there and I've got many people list following me to other places in the past :)

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
My organizing skills are a little lacking, aren't they?

What has been posted by Jim and Byrd is correct! Since the campground doesn't really lend itself to 8 or 10 duallies gathering I thought it best to meet at the plant. Just get on I-65 southbound...the factory is right next to the highway. Then (from the factory website):

[h=3]Directions

We are just off I-65 at exit 28. Turn right at the first light onto Corvette Drive and follow the plant signs to the tour entrance.[/h]

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
We are just off I-65 at exit 28. Turn right at the first light onto Corvette Drive and follow the plant signs to the tour entrance.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We had a great time going thru the Corvette plant tour and then heading over to the National Corvette Museum. It's always been on our bucket list to do and now we can check that off.

jbeletti

Neale - I have to agree with what others have said - great tour, thank you for setting it up.

Nancy, Dan, Karen and I went to the Corvette Museum after the factory tour.

Here's a link to my Factory pics (outside pics only)

Here's a link to my Museum pics

jbeletti

Day before yesterday, Nancy, Lou, Bette and I visited Mammoth Cave National Park. We did one cave tour.
Here's a link to the pics I took. Forgot my real camera - so cellies only :)

Then yesterday, Nancy, Bette and I took our bikes back to Mammoth Cave National Park and hopped on a bike path. We didn't go far, but we were whooped!
Here's a link to some cellies of our bike riding.

I snapped some pics and a video of the Budweiser Clydesdales too.
Here's a link to those.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Thanks to all for their patience with me and setting up the tour. I learned a lot about organizing an event during a rally.
I'm glad you all enjoyed it as we did too.
Now on to the Meet & Greet!

jbeletti

The pictures I took tonight at the Meet and Greet have been placed on the Heartland Owners Club Facebook page - link

And they've been placed on the new HOG (Heartland Owners Gallery) - link

ccarrington99

North Carolina Chapter Leaders-retired
We had a great time here at the Kentucky rally. Thank you Ken and Faye for a wonderful time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Nancy and I are going out for dinner tonight at 6 pm to El Mazatlan (map link) - about a mile from the campground. Anyone else interested?

We don't have reservations. I'll check this thread later this afternoon and if I see responses, I'll try to get a table in the name of Heartland RVs.

jbeletti

Congratulations Ken and Faye - the rally was fabulous and was held in a great area. Later today, we're going on our second cave tour. Thak you so much for your leadership, your hard work and that of your volunteers. See many of you in Nashville later this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.