EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: LA, Natchitoches - 3/29/2019 to 3/31/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippendale

I could have sworn I posted I would contribute a few dozen of my Mexican Cheese Flavored Scrambled Eggs but I can't find it anywhere, so put me down for eggs. It is getting to be really tough to be about the oldest dog in the pack.

pegmikef

Thanks for the info Mike. I'm getting old and didn't remember your post. Without going back and rereading every post, I can't keep up with it.
Maybe if everyone will repost up their offerings for the breakfast, I could start a post with a list of what to expect.

Your memory's good Frank. I hadn't posted here, I was referring to the Ruidoso rally when I said "same deal." since I had just posted about the gravy in that one.

Dave_Jari

Put Dave and Jari down for French toast casserole, One bottle Negro Modelo and a case oh Captain Morgan spiced rum (to be delivered to site 22 upon arrival)

'Lil Guy'

Breakfast Extravaganza to be held Friday morning at 8:45 This is a pot luck so we need some help here to make it a success. Our past breakfasts have been a great success so let's keep it going.

I'm supplying the meat (sausage, ham and bacon)

Peg and Mike: sausage gravy
George Spier: scrambled eggs
Debbie Baker: Mimosas to drink
Orville and Barb: fruit tray
Jay and Stella: Coffee
Clif and Millie: egg dish
Dave and Jari: French toast casserole and a pan of bisdcuits
Vic and Diana: Sausage and hash brown casserole
Lin & Deb: Fried Potatoes Thanks

I'll add to this as people post up and thanks for your help.

Last edited:

'Lil Guy'

Thanks for the offer Andy. I'll let you know.
We sure need some biscuits and maybe from 2 people to feed everyone. Another egg dish or 2 and for God's sake, someone fry some potatoes. With this, I'm good. If know one wants to do any potatoes , I'll have to fry some up myself and everyone can watch me eat them.lol Grits could be another side. Pancakes would be nice and the frozen ones you nuke are good along with syrup. Hope we get a little action here so I can add to the menu. Thanks in advance

If people like ham, I can add a spiral cut ham to my meat list. Leftovers make great sandwiches.
Getting hungry. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. I would recommend that people arrive early to take in the sites and history of this area Andy has selected. Later and have a great day.

avvidclif

Our 4 yr old oven has never been used so I don't know how much help I could be with biscuits. BUT I do know how to scramble eggs, throw in a little sausage and top with Louisiana Hot Sauce (the real thing) and it s a good start to breakfast.

As we get closer the menu can be fine tuned. I plan on stopping at the Super 1 at the bypass to load up on supplies for breakfast, etc. (Decent prices on adult beverages fwiw)

Dave_Jari

We'll have to have the oven on for the french toast casserole, we can throw some biscuits in with it, but how many people do we need to account for? This is our first rally, and really don't know how many participants are normal or expected. We want to do our part, please let us know.

'Lil Guy'

Dave, the French toast casserole sounds good. If you go to the 1st post, you see the number of rigs attending with 2 occupants. You don't have to feed the lot. Just add something to the table. We generally have left overs.
That's why I like to see several egg dishes so everyone can eat some. Same with the biscuits, and potatoes.

The only one feeding the multitude will be me with the meat. I've decided to do the bacon, pan sausage and sliced ham. Did I tell everyone that I like fried potatoes.loll

Again, for anyone contributing to the table, Just cook enough for some of the people and they'll reciprocate. Thanks for your offering Later and have a great day.

DaveTyler

Frank, count me to help you guys for Friday breakfast. Don’t think anyone can replace Ed but I’ll try to pick up the slack. Dave T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcbigelow

I hate to do this but we are having to back out of the March rally in Natchitoches due to some prior surgery. We are on spot 35 for Friday and Saturday night of the rally. If anyone needs a spot I will wait till Monday the 11th to cancel, if your in need of a spot please message me back before then otherwise the spot will be open to anyone....

Tim

tcbigelow

KyleC

Sorry to hear tc. Hope the surgery goes well. It was a pleasure meeting you guys and hope to see y'all around!

Kyle

Kbvols

Dave, the French toast casserole sounds good. If you go to the 1st post, you see the number of rigs attending with 2 occupants. You don't have to feed the lot. Just add something to the table. We generally have left overs.
That's why I like to see several egg dishes so everyone can eat some. Same with the biscuits, and potatoes.

The only one feeding the multitude will be me with the meat. I've decided to do the bacon, pan sausage and sliced ham. Did I tell everyone that I like fried potatoes.loll

Again, for anyone contributing to the table, Just cook enough for some of the people and they'll reciprocate. Thanks for your offering Later and have a great day.

I sure wish I could make this rally but unfortunately we cannot. If we could I 'd fry you up a big ole cast iron skillet of Yukon gold taters with vidalia onions and of course bacon drippings for extra flavor! I love fried taters too! Might be a plan for Goshen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

I sure wish I could make this rally but unfortunately we cannot. If we could I 'd fry you up a big ole cast iron skillet of Yukon gold taters with vidalia onions and of course bacon drippings for extra flavor! I love fried taters too! Might be a plan for Goshen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't be posting up with a tease. Hope someone who's attending is going to come through with afried potatoes. If no one does, I'll have to put some together.

You know they sell the frozen bags of hash brown cubes and the Obrien potatoes that mix up well and are easy to fry. Anybody listening.lol

jrabelson

:eek:We will bring sausage and hashbrowns casserole for breakfast. I guess attendance list is not up to date. We are on Site 49.
Vic and Diana Abelson

DaveTyler

Frank. Add me to help with the breakfast. Can’t take Ed’s place but will help. Dave

'Lil Guy'

Frank. Add me to help with the breakfast. Can’t take Ed’s place but will help. Dave

Thanks Dave. Always need a helper to blame it on if the meat comes out bad. You can go to the cooking site and get everything ready for me at 3:30 AM and then wake me at 7:30 after Jay has the coffee going. Sorry you and Kathy couldn't meet up with all of us at Glen Rose for week of Valentines. See you both at the Rally.

- - - Updated - - -

:eek:We will bring sausage and hashbrowns casserole for breakfast. I guess attendance list is not up to date. We are on Site 49.
Vic and Diana Abelson

Thanks for the help. Again, you don't have to try and make enough for the entire group. I feel there is going to be plenty of food for all. Again thanks, I put you down.

I'm Hoping Pat and Elaine Poole will attend. I really feel comfortable with Pat flipping bacon. I use him to blame if any gets burnt.lol

avvidclif

I hate to do this but we are having to back out of the March rally in Natchitoches due to some prior surgery. We are on spot 35 for Friday and Saturday night of the rally. If anyone needs a spot I will wait till Monday the 11th to cancel, if your in need of a spot please message me back before then otherwise the spot will be open to anyone....

Tim

tcbigelow

I would love to move closer to the clubhouse but am having problems sending a PM. Can you call me at 214-850-0973. Currently in site 29

Status
Not open for further replies.