EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin - 8/24/2012 to 8/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vtxkid

Who's that good looking guy with the Doxie pup? 😊

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know... we found both of them on the street. Felt like we should give them food!!! Boy, the big one can eat!!! :D

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Great dinner tonight! Thanks Mike and Ann and crew for putting together a terrific meal under less than stellar conditions. You guys rock! Getting a real nice 😨thunderstorm right now. EMS has kicked in three times already. Hope no one has taken an electrical surge.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
So far our surge protector been doing it's job too. Real wicked storm seems like it does not want to leave!

dalspot

Hurricane Isaac?? We've been having Tropical Storm Castaways all day!

Great dinner tho in spite of all the weather. Thanks Ann & Mike!

Karen

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Just want to compliment all attendees at the Maryland Rally for your patience and courage during dinner last night. We had a great BBQ and wonderful side dishes served up with downpouring rain, thunder and lightning. Everyone made the best of the situation and showed an extraordinary ability to cope with the conditions. Tent City gave the Maryland Chapter the ability to go on with their plan and although not a perfectly dry structure, our "Tent City Crew" did an awesome job.

We owe everyone who helped in any way a great big thank you! No matter what we could not have defended ourselves from that type of storm and attempts to address our comfort went above and beyond the call! The patience the attendees showed put the "Heart" in Heartland once again!

ps: My phone has stopped texting me "Severe Weather Alerts" so it's time to get out and about, make the coffee and have some fun!

gschaaf

Did it Rain !!!! Thanks Ann and Mike for a job well done and also Judy and Calvin the wagon masters. We had a great time and stuffed our face and went to bed. The BBQ was excellent and so were all the sides and desserts.

jbeletti

Congrats Mike and Ann and all that attended the MD rally. In spite of the weather yesterday, sounds like you had a fantastic time.

dalspot

EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin -.

Just heard on The Weather Channel that Berlin MD had 13" of rain yesterday

Karen

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
What a difference a day makes!

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345997374594.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345997374594.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 35

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Had another great pot luck and BBQ leftovers.

What a weekend! Great job Maryland!

boatto5er

What a nice finale! Big crowd, good food and friends, nice weather. What more could you ask for? Hate see tomorrow come.

PSF513

MIKE & ANN: GREAT JOB! Despite what Mother Nature threw at us, the weekend was a success. Everyone pitched in and helped.

Deb & I left late morning and the exit we needed from Rte 50 was closed due to flooding. Finally got to 113 South and water levels were amazing (If anyone needs fuel, the Shell (I Think) at the 1st light south of Rte 50 on 113 was $3.79 when we left). Drive home was uneventful. We had a great time and hopefully can do it again.

THANKS

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Made it home safe and sound, around 3:00. Washed the trailer, emptied and repacked for Labor Day weekend. Had a great time. It was a potluck that we will talk about for awhile. Wished we could have stayed a day or 2 longer. But all good things must come to an end.

Thanks Mike and Ann. Great Job!!

CampHOG

What a fun thrilled rally...never to be forgotten. Thanks to EVERYONE for all your hard work. We had a great time seeing old friends and making new friends.

dieselsweetheart

As I was headed east on 50 during the lightning/wind storm there was a Big Horn followed by a Big Country headed west. Who was that? We were fighting the storm that's for sure. I pulled over right after I turned onto the 404 when the roads were starting to flood...what a mess! I also passed Jamie and Ginger on the PA turnpike, they were heading west about 7 miles out of Breezewood, I was heading east to get off at Breezewood. Saw another Big Horn on 70 but not sure if that was part of the rally or not.

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
As I was headed east on 50 during the lightning/wind storm there was a Big Horn followed by a Big Country headed west. Who was that? We were fighting the storm that's for sure. I pulled over right after I turned onto the 404 when the roads were starting to flood...what a mess! I also passed Jamie and Ginger on the PA turnpike, they were heading west about 7 miles out of Breezewood, I was heading east to get off at Breezewood. Saw another Big Horn on 70 but not sure if that was part of the rally or not.

That would have been Mike and I (Jodi) Vanderford in the Bg Country and Jim & Sandi McCartney in the Big Horn. We pulled off at Easton and had dinner. It took us a total of 6 1/2 hrs. to get home to Glen Burnie, No, we didn't eat that much! Traffic was terrible and the rain, UGH!!!
We just want everyone to know how much we enjoyed the rally, but mainly the company. I can't begin to tell you how welcome you always make us feel. We really feel like part of the family.

Thanks.

Mike and Jodi Vanderford

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Heading north and already missing our friends. We will see some of you next week and some more in a few weeks in Copake. It is my understanding that there are still sites available at Copake for the region rally. If you didn't get enough you can give them a call and join us. If we missed you for goodbye this morning please travel safe and we hope to see you soon!

greatheron

MD Chapter Member
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin -.

Maryland Rally, Berlin, MD

We pulled out right at 11:30am heading NW on Rt 50 and made it to Cambridge when we started running into rain. We live just outside Easton, MD and when we got there it opened up! We parked the truck and Big Horn out on the road when we got home and ran inside. Finally got it in the driveway a couple hours later! Ended up with 8.7 inches! That on top of the 13 inches we experienced in Berlin - this will be an inaugural Rally that we wont forget! Hope everyone else returns home safely!

Finally, thanks Ann and Mike for a great Rally and the warm welcome we received from all. We enjoyed it so much we are making plans to attend Delaware's Rally the first of October and will be watching the HEartland website for Rally's in VA, MD, DE and PA in 2013! We hope see y'all at one or more of them!!!

gschaaf

We made it home with no issues. Just want to thank Ann and Mike and everyone else for a gret weekend. See everyone in NY. With no kids!!!

boatto5er

FunderFamily is home. Unloading in the heat/sauna. Had a great time. Thanks Mike and Ann, and Calvin and Judy, and everyone that helped!

Status
Not open for further replies.