EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin - 8/24/2012 to 8/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalspot

Even tho it's looking like we won't make this one, as our Rally attendance is going to be sharply curtailed this year - due to an old dog and two kids (our dog sitters) now working 12 or 24 hour shifts on most weekends - I've started putting the location map together: I will update as folks join. Might book a site tho, just in case we can make it. Would depend on the kids schedules and the weather, if we'd have to bring the dogs along...

At any rate, here's where everyone is:

Castaways2012.jpg

CampHOG

Hello Mike & Ann,

We have booked site 206... For 9 days, arriving on Friday, August 17th to Sunday, August 26th.
You can never have to much Castaways.

Jim & Terry

PSF513

Hey! Wait a minute! I cannot be seen next to the Landmark Diner. It would ruin what little reputation I have.

I spend most of my time in time out. Usually, though, I am alone cause I don't play well with others.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and getting back into the "camping state of mind"

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Hello Mike & Ann,

We have booked site 206... For 9 days, arriving on Friday, August 17th to Sunday, August 26th.
You can never have to much Castaways.

Jim & Terry

WOW!!! 9 days in paradise...We are jealous. Welcome to the party.

Last edited:

cjhicks

Mike and Ann, Talked to Castaways this afternoon, we will be on Site 205 arriving on the 23rd thru the 27th. Are the CRABS ready????

brauch

Camping Wife
Made reservations today: Arriving, Thurs., 8/23 - Leaving Monday, 8/27. Site 186. Bringing our appetite for Maryland crabs.

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Welcome Barbara and Ed. I am sure all the MD seafood will be great again this year. The Castaways is a nice campground you guys will have a good time.

TheWinklers

Ok, we have a question... We are trying to figure out if we can make this one. Has anyone taken the ferry over? Can anyone give me an idea how much it would cost one way to do that?

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Donna, we have taken the ferry in the past. It is costly and really doesn't save any time on the trip. From our house to that area is about a 3 hour trip by car + fuel and $6.00 toll. To take the ferry you actually pay by the foot so it depends on the length of your rig overall + additional passengers (only the driver is included) + 90 minute ride across the bay + 1 hour to the ferry and sitting waiting to load the boat.....sitting waiting to get off the boat.....

We believe it is cheaper to drive around but you are closer to the boat so it may be better for you.

Try this link for more info

TheWinklers

we looked it up.. we were trying to figure it all out.. after figuring it will cost us about the same either way.. IF we do it we will most likely just drive down. (Rob doesn't want anything to happen to the trailer on the ferry). He talked to a friend who lost his awning because they kept making him move over and over and finally ripped the arms right off the trailer. I keep working on him and we'll see!

porthole

Retired
We've done the ferry on motorcycles, cars, trucks and the 5th wheel. It is is a bit costly, doesn't really save any time or money (probably costs more) but occasionally it is a nice diversion. The most expensive trip was when we took 12 high schooler's down to Delaware for a ROTC meet. Well over a $100!

It does work out better if you plan on staying at the state park right outside the Lewes Ferry port.

Status
Not open for further replies.