EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, Berlin - 8/24/2012 to 8/26/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

camperjohn08

Just got off the Phone with Brenda.. we will be on site 165.. arriving Thursday 23 Aug and leaving Either Monday 27 Aug or Tuesday 28 August.. We did reserve the site for 5 days..just incase we want to stay a day longer.. I just hope that pass thru fence next to the site:confused:, doesn't hurt me when I am backing the rig in..:eek: WILL Still be wet under the collar when "I" back in our New BH:eek:.....and don't wanna Screw Up.. "Just being Honest"..:rolleyes:
Truely wish they were Pull Thru's...........................

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Hey John you'll be fine .................................................. and fun to watch!

By that time you'll be past the apprentice stage!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I'm glad our rig is smaller. Maybe we can sneak in without anyone noticing. I could back our travel trailer in like a pro. This 5er reacts different. It's like starting all over again.

camperjohn08

We made a change in our reservation schedule: We are now arriving Wed. 22 Aug and departing Mon. 27 Aug... We made this change due to the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel toll of $20.00 each way.. so we thought we would make it a 5 day'er .. So we could relax alittle and use the Beach..:eek: We will still be on Site: 165 .......

camperjohn08

I'm glad our rig is smaller. Maybe we can sneak in without anyone noticing. I could back our travel trailer in like a pro. This 5er reacts different. It's like starting all over again.
That's what I am afraid of.. I tried a year ago to help out a fellow Heartlander put his 5'er rig in their spot.. It wasn't pretty either.. I was pulling a 27rbs Northtrail then..Sooooo this will be very new to Me too..:confused:

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We made a change in our reservation schedule: We are now arriving Wed. 22 Aug and departing Mon. 27 Aug... We made this change due to the Chesapeake Bay Tunnel toll of $20.00 each way.. so we thought we would make it a 5 day'er .. So we could relax alittle and use the Beach..:eek: We will still be on Site: 165 .......

You're just trying to beat all the scorers there! :rolleyes:

camperjohn08

You're just trying to beat all the scorers there! :rolleyes:
While that might be somewhat true.. the facts are there will be at least 19 rigs arriving on the 23rd and 4 on the 22nd.. so it will give "me" more time to figure how to get it in the spot.. Plus Nancy & I can welcome everyone when they arrive Thursday..:eek:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
John you are truly selling yourself short! If I can do it - anyone can do it! It may not be pretty at first but you'll get the hang of it. And who cares anyway? (Don't answer Gus!) Go for it John and enjoy in the process!

I am really glad there were no chairs or score cards the first time I tried to back it into our storage area space with a boat on the left and a TT on the right! Whew!
thumbnail.aspx

Did you guys ever hear my John scream? I did that day! Even his belly bustin' laughter couldn't get me out of the seat!

camperjohn08

John you are truly selling yourself short! If I can do it - anyone can do it! It may not be pretty at first but you'll get the hang of it. Go for it John and enjoy in the process!/QUOTE]

Just some Pre-delivery New-Be Jitters here.. and having some Fun along the way...:eek:

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Just got off the Phone with Brenda.. we will be on site 165.. arriving Thursday 23 Aug and leaving Either Monday 27 Aug or Tuesday 28 August.. We did reserve the site for 5 days..just incase we want to stay a day longer.. I just hope that pass thru fence next to the site:confused:, doesn't hurt me when I am backing the rig in..:eek: WILL Still be wet under the collar when "I" back in our New BH:eek:.....and don't wanna Screw Up.. "Just being Honest"..:rolleyes:
Truely wish they were Pull Thru's...........................

Welcome Nancy and John, Don't worry about backing in it's a piece of cake.

porthole

Retired
Personally, I think we should leave the "scoring" stuff out of the conversations, at least before the event. Not everyone is comfortable backing their rigs in.

Been there and done that. Nothing more nerve wracking then your first solo trip on a 65' boat with wind and tide fighting you and the owners showing up on the dock to see how you do.

camperjohn08

Personally, I think we should leave the "scoring" stuff out of the conversations, at least before the event. Not everyone is comfortable backing their rigs in.

Been there and done that. Nothing more nerve wracking then your first solo trip on a 65' boat with wind and tide fighting you and the owners showing up on the dock to see how you do.
I with you on that one Porthole.........I shall be nervous enough .... until I have some experience under my belt, pulling and backing our "First" new 5'er.. even my new Ford SD handles differently than my Silverado did..I take delivery of our new 5'er Rig Thursday 26 Apr.. So the Fun begins then..:eek:

porthole

Retired
The ford doesn't turn like your GM did, and the long bed even more so. About the only thing I don't like about my truck is the turning radius.

Vtxkid

The ford doesn't turn like your GM did, and the long bed even more so. About the only thing I don't like about my truck is the turning radius.
Duane, John seems to think that the Ford has a better turning radius then his 03 Chevy 1500...

Status
Not open for further replies.