EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MD, College Park - 6/17/2016 to 6/19/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCTalley

The Talleys are here at Cherry Hill Park.

i-bM7LLZ9-M.jpg

There is a couple that came in just after us that have a Landmark and are a few spots down from us. They are free club membership members and I told them we're having a rally this coming weekend. They'll be here until Saturday morning. They are familiar with the forum and were going to check in later. Sorry, I forgot to get their names.

Also, the park offers a new tour option on Saturdays that I'll post here, just in case anyone is interested (typed in verbatim from their handout at the check-in desk):

SATURDAY MONUMENT TOUR with River Boat Cruise
Tours will run every Saturday
Be among the first to experience our newest DC tour! Bus leaves the Cherry Hill Bus Depot at 11:45 am. Plan to arrive early to pick up your box lunch.

Part 1: DC Rivers Boat for a 45-minute cruise
Part 2: Monuments Tour (with Step-Off Guide)
  • Iwo Jima Memorial
  • Lincoln Memorial/Korean War Memorial/Vietnam Wall
  • MLK/FDR Memorials
  • Jefferson Memorial
  • White House (photo stop)

Views from Coach:
US Capitol Building, Washington Monument, Federal Triangle, Kennedy Center, Georgetown

Return to Cherry Hill Bus Depot 6:00 PM
Cost: Adult $55.00, Children (Age 3 to 11) $30.00
Price includes River Boat Cruise, Box Lunch, and Monument Tour w/Step-Off Guide.

hughesmk

Malcom it was good meeting you earlier. My wife Pam and I have the LM365 you mentioned. We had no idea about the rally as we booked our stay this week on sort of a whim. We had actually read all about your ordeals with the accident last year so it is interesting to finally meet you

Mike & Pam Hughes
2016 LM365 Charleston

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders

We will arrive on Wednesday. Can't wait, see you then.

- - - Updated - - -

Malcom it was good meeting you earlier. My wife Pam and I have the LM365 you mentioned. We had no idea about the rally as we booked our stay this week on sort of a whim. We had actually read all about your ordeals with the accident last year so it is interesting to finally meet you

Mike & Pam Hughes
2016 LM365 Charleston

Hi there. I hope you will join us on Friday night. We will be having a "Meet and Greet" at the end of the road, in the tent area. We will be providing Hot Dogs and Hamburgers. Please come down and join us.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired

):

Malcolm
Seek out Stephanie and Jesse. The girls pull a BC with a Ram. HOC members. Supposedly they're on site 142
We'll be there Wednesday

Lyle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTalley

In my opinion, they don't appear to be putting us in any sort of contiguous sites.

Neither their website nor the mountain of paperwork they gave us at check-in mention any sort of check-in time.

Bones

thanks. and that kind of stinks. I would think that is part of the rally feel. Some rigs could be all the way on the other side.

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
Malcolm
Seek out Stephanie and Jesse. The girls pull a BC with a Ram. HOC members. Supposedly they're on site 142
We'll be there Wednesday

Lyle

Stephanie and Jesse are on site 142. We will be there tomorrow.

Bones

I called Cherry hill today. Basically I can come in whenever pretty much so no issue there. I don't know where i will be and did tell her I was part of the Heartland group and she said we have you guys all set up no issue So I would say that is promising. I will see you guys late morning or early afternoon. I have the trailer on the driveway now partially packed but also torn apart doing some mods and repairs.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Well, the Fireball and the Folgers are packed. If we forget everything else, at least we have that.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Be rolling (from Luray KOA) within the hour. See ya'll there!!

Status
Not open for further replies.