EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MI, Ishpeming - 8/22/2013 to 8/25/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Just to clarify for you oilman, Contact Debra Darga at the number listed and be sure to tell her you are with the Heartland rally. As at all of the rallys you must make your own reservations. Hope to see you there

TGLBWH

Sorry it is taking me so long to update my lists. since it is tax season and I prepare taxes, I have been super busy. I also receive updates from the campground only occasionally since they are closed this time of year. As we get closer, I will be updating more often.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Well if you guys will have us Stacy and I would love to come again to the Michigan Rally. We are planning going through the UP on our way back south. Trying to decide if we want to get there on the 21st or 22nd.

Herbiesrig

Rex and Stacey,
You are more than welcome to come and stay at our house and we can go together. I promise that Herbie will welcome you with a big smile.. You will be about 25 miles from our house going to Ispheming... Come early and enjoy the cool weather. Karen(herbiesrig)

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Rex and Stacey,
You are more than welcome to come and stay at our house and we can go together. I promise that Herbie will welcome you with a big smile.. You will be about 25 miles from our house going to Ispheming... Come early and enjoy the cool weather. Karen(herbiesrig)

We would love to. Let us get our trip planning down a little better. We will see you guys in Goshen. After we leave there we will be going to the thumb area for the summer. Looks like I get to help build a house 😀. We will start our trek back home with the UP trip. Tell Herbie that's OK I've peed on myself many times. LOL!

TGLBWH

You and Stacy are always welcome and we look forward to seeing you again. Since you mentioned building a house, Habitat for Humanity will also be at the campground when we are there. Maybe you could build two or three. See you in Goshen

jnv

We registered for the rally today. We will be coming in on 8/21. Looking forward to meeting up :).

Gerry & Debbie, we will be leaving Fort Wayne Wednesday, August 21. We are looking forward to the UP Michigan Rally.

Jim & Donna Heibeck
2013 Big Country

Theresau

We'll be there. We're going to go to Cedarville RV first for a few days. We really like this place - have been going there for a # of years - thought as long as we are going that way we'd spend some time there first. We were able to get a lake-front lot. This is east of the bridge.

Theresa

TGLBWH

For those interested we would like to set up either Thursday, August 22nd or Friday, August 23rd to take an iron ore mine tour. One (Tilden) is $15 and you take a bus, while the other is basically on your own scenery. These links will let you read about them. Let me know what you think By the 1st of the month so I can make reservations.
Republic Michigan in the Upper Peninsula and the Republic Mine.docx
67K View Download
Tilden Empire Iron Mine Tour.docx
188K View Download

jayc

Legendary Member
Gerry, we did the Tilden mine a couple of years ago with Dan and Karen. It was an interesting tour but for some reason, they wouldn't allow ANY photos. We would be interested in driving through the Republic Michigan mine.

TGLBWH

The most recent list of Rally attendees: Please let me know if I missed someone
Gerald & Debbie Atkinson 8-17 to 8-26, Joe &Theresa Uratchko
Mike & Linda Numerick, Mike& Linda Kennedy
Don & JoAnn Kettlewell
Jerry & Jackie Volden
Jim & Donna Heiback
Curtis & Bonnie Lynn
Dan & Karen Halverson
Rex & Stacy Hastey
Jay & Stella Coffman
Don & Shirley Benedict
Chuck & Saundra Batcke 8-21 to 8-25
Bernie & Judy Ver Hey 8- 19 to 8-25
Curt and Bonnie Lynn
Don & Joann Kettlewell
Jackowski's (SOB)
Dennis & Jackie Bailey
John & Dottie Maranda

TGLBWH

Debbie and I will be arriving August 17th. I will try to touch base with you as you arrive with a Rally packet and information about and things to do in the area. On Wednesday evening we will have a meet and greet at the pavilion with food (more than likely, sloppy joes). You can bring something to pass if you like along with your drinks. We hope to have a campfire that evening also. Remember we will have our potluck on Saturday with the Chapter supplying the meat. Golf on Monday or Tuesday for anyone interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.