EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MI, Ludington * - 08/26/2010 to 08/29/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbeletti

Is there anyone attending the MI rally at Poncho's Pond that uses Verizon broad band with an amplified antenna? I am looking for help because my broad band is very slow at home address, but fast in other locations. Verizon has talked about the issue, but has not offered any solutions. Thanks. See you in Ludington.

I use this setup Tom. Perhaps we can compare setups, settings and performance.

Jim

Boca_Shuffles

Aquatic Exercise Classes at Rally:

Bobbi will be conducting some aerobic exercise classes in the pool.

Bring your foam noodles. We have a couple cheap ones for sale if you don't already have one.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Jim, Verizon offered me a chance to drop service without the early termination fee. I think they became tired of me calling and asking, "What are you doing now to solve my slow reception issues?" I took the offer and am now using US Cellular, and am receiving better reception. I am currently in Manistique, MI and broadband is working fine, but how will it work out west on in the south/southwest? Talk to you at the rally.

ricatic

Due to a very favorable change in Debbie's schedule, we will be there on Thursday afternoon. Is there an updated list?

mddorff

Dean & Myrna Walldorff will not be attending the rally. Our RV is still at General RV due to problems as a result of a lightning strike near our home. We lost numerous things in our home too. Just found out this morning we will not have our RV back until next week.

We were bringing friends with us who just purchased a new Heartland mid profile SunDancer. This was to be their first outing. Not sure whether they will still come now but if they do please greet Al and Ann Cornell.

cdbMidland

Past Michigan Chapter Leader
Dean & Myrna Walldorff will not be attending the rally. Our RV is still at General RV due to problems as a result of a lightning strike near our home. We lost numerous things in our home too. Just found out this morning we will not have our RV back until next week.

We were bringing friends with us who just purchased a new Heartland mid profile SunDancer. This was to be their first outing. Not sure whether they will still come now but if they do please greet Al and Ann Cornell.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. We'll miss you. Please let Al and Ann Cornell know that they are most welcome - strangers only once; friends forever.

jbeletti

Dean and Myrna,

Sorry to hear of your issue. We'll miss you. As Chuck did, I also want to encourage you to please contact your friends to encourage them to join us. We will welcome them warmly and they will leave feeling good about their decision to join us.

So that's a request from the Club President and the Chapter Leader - they gotta come now :)

Jim

jbeletti

I am here! I arrived around 7pm today. Checked in, found my site, drove over the sewer inlet (oops), got setup. Chatted with folks over at Rick and Blanca's for a bit, then went to dinner with Chuck and Saundra who also had not eaten dinner yet. Sat at the campfire for an hour or so. Getting caught up on email and forum activity now.

Love the cool weather here :)

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Great rally with good food and great weather. Rick and Blanca, Chuck and Saundra, a great job. Gerry and I have enjoyed meeting all the MI people. It's the first time I was able to tour an Edge. It is a very nice TT. Thanks for the great time, and we will try to make next year's rally.

jbeletti

Farewell
Well, another Michigan rally has come to a close. Today, 18 of the 24 rigs pulled out.

Then there were 6!
Six die-hards remain here at Poncho's Pond :) A few of us went to downtown Pentwater this afternoon. I think a few people are at one of the pools here at Poncho's Pond right now. And most of us are getting together for breakfast at my RV in the morning. I made 10 baked potatoes the other night on the grill and darn it, I aim to get some of them eaten :) Fried breakfast potatoes and eggs, here we come.

Rally Pictures
I took a few pictures during the rally and have placed them on the HOG here. If you took pictures at the potluck, at the pool or other points of interest and wish to see them posted in the rally gallery, please email a few of them to me.

2011 Michigan Rally
Under Chuck and Rick's wing, Al Decker is your 2011 Michigan Rally wagonmaster. Look for a new rally announcement thread for that rally soon.

Thank you
Thank you Chuck and Rick for a great rally (#3)! Thanks also to those who assisted with rally bags, breakfast prep, breakfast cleanup, campfire starter, water aerobic training and more. Thank you all rally attendees. We had a lot of returnees from the past Michigan rallies and a lot of new rally attendees. Let's continue to build on this success! Thank you all for coming.

Jim Beletti
President, Heartland Owners Club

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
I would like to thank all that came to the Mich rally,and all the people that helped with door prize delivery and the breakfast cooking,dish washing and cleanup THANK YOU! weather was great had a campfire all 3 nights met a lot of new great people I hope fun was had by all THANK YOU TO ALL. TRAVELER07(Rich)

OK! who was responsible for the super weather during the Rally? We arrived Sunday(great weather) left today,last rig to leave,(great weather).
This was our first Rally and will not be our last. Looking forward to more Hartland Rally's Bert & Sandy

ricatic

I would like to jump in here too. Debbie and I had a great time in Ludington. Great park, great people and great planners. Looking forward to going again next year.

Rick

jbeletti

I was asked by a couple of folks for the Stuffed French Toast recipe from Saturday morning's breakfast.

Here's a link to the recipe.

Jim

TGLBWH

North Central Region Directors-Retired
Deb and I would like to thank all those I met at our first Michigan rally. Had a great time and met some great people. And oh yeah, the dinner and breakfast were awesome. My grandkids were there on the weekend and really enjoyed Jim's French toast. Of course we went to see the beautiful Lake Michigan sunset and visited the House of Flavorswith everyone else from Ludington. Already made reservations for next years rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.