EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Re: EVENT: TN/KY Heartland Chapter Rally: MS, Southaven - 6/1/2012 to 6/3/2012

Hey Craig tell Elsie to comeo on over on Wednesday and go to Tunica with us on Thursday. By the way don't forget the home made bread. Byrd will like it also.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders

Croessel, Welcome to the TN/KY group and glad you're coming to the rally!

Last edited:

davebennington

Nathan &n Byrd,

We are going to register tomorrow, I hope we can still get a site, Julie has relatives in the area and we will have to stop and see them.
We will be passing through on the way to Gillette.

dave

Netem

WOW, This is turning into quite a Rally. Jim B is going to miss out on some good Southern cooking but knowing Jim he will be bellied up to the table somewhere.:D

davebennington

We did get registered this morning one of the last sites.

dave

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired

Yea - glad to have ya'll Dave & Julie.

Nabo

We are working with the campground for a couple more spaces so if you are thinking about making the rally, go ahead and call them. Let them know that you are coming in with the Heartland Rally.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084

Hey Byrd,
Elsie Roessel is a nurse that is also an outstanding baker of homemade bread. We don't let her register at the Good Sam Rallies without a loaf. Apparently the word is out about your rallies as more are coming this year. Yeah

Nabo

Sounds like bread is a must. Elsie - Lee has elected ya as the official bread maker. I'll be off the diet thing by then so I can't wait to try some. B--

brauch

Camping Wife
Made our reservations today for the Waynesville campout 3/2-3/4. See ya there.

We are so glad that the Rauchs' can come the Memphis Rally and will pencil ya'll in for the tour. And yes - can't wait for the camping season to begin. We are heading over to Waynesville for an informal HL gathering March 2-4. Maybe ya'll can come as well. If you can, I know we will run into ya'll before June. Travel safely.

Nabo

Glad to have ya'll at the informal spring campout in March. Seems like forever the last time we camped and being with great friends. B--

Nabo

Oh WOW - we have exceeded our original 12 pre-sites with 15 now registered. After talking with the campground today, they can only give us 1 more site. After that we will have to go on a wait list - sooo - if you are thinking to about joining in - this might be the time to register.

Nabo

Thanks Tom and Millie. We'll be looking for it the next couple of days. As we receive payments for the tour, we will mark the 1st post beside the name, in bold, the word TOUR. This is going to be a fun tour of Memphis so come on and plan on going.

We are also working on a service project for this rally. Linda and Bobby Eanes (superduty08) have agreed to help out and have found a gift program for the patients/children of St Jude Hospital. What a great project and Thanks to Linda and Bobby for researching and getting the information. The St Jude Hospital list shows the does and don't for gifts. Currently I'm working on uploading the list. Stay tune.

Last edited:

Nabo

Do to a problem uploading the Gift Program list onto this website, the list has been emailed to each participant. If for some reason you did not get it, or can not open it, please let us know. This is a great program that St. Jude ask assistance with. These gifts gives the children a little comfort and helps the day past. Please help if you can.

Nabo

This is a first for us. As of today's date (2-21-12), the campground if full. We have started a wait list and staying in contact with the campground so we can get you in when a site opens up. Therefore - if you think you would like to come, please let us know so we can add you to the list.

jjwink

So happy for the TN chapter having filled all the sites but so disappointed we were not one of them. Hope something opens up to let more of the TN group attend.

hillsonwheels

Too bad you guys under "guestimated " the draw for your rally. Not throwing stones. Just wondering how in the world a chapter leader can come up with a workable number when starting to negotiate with a CG for the amount of spaces when a rally is in the beginning stages. Everyone always seems to use Kentucky windage......:rolleyes:.....Maybe Tennessee windage would be better? :cool:

Dick

ncc1701e

Too bad you guys under "guestimated " the draw for your rally. Not throwing stones. Just wondering how in the world a chapter leader can come up with a workable number when starting to negotiate with a CG for the amount of spaces when a rally is in the beginning stages. Everyone always seems to use Kentucky windage......:rolleyes:.....Maybe Tennessee windage would be better? :cool:

Dick

Good day Sir Dick, (showing appropriate respect to senior member), Partner I just noticed that you have a Q5 hitch with a slider. Looking at the different rallies Millie and I have planned thus far, it would appear that we will cross paths a couple times. If you don't mind I'd like to look at that slider. It is something I've considered adding to my Q5. Have not needed it yet, but I can see where it might be one of those things better to have and never to need with these short bed trucks. Have a good day. Tom.

hillsonwheels

Tom....be more than glad to show you the hitch. Tho' I don't really feel that you'll need one. I've only used mine in the back yard just to see if it really made a difference.

My story on that is long and best left for a "beer talk". I did not set out to buy one but ended up with what I got. Like I said..........we'll talk at our first rally. Hope all's well with you and Millie and you have fair winds and following seas!

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.