EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, Cape May - 10/19/2012 to 10/21/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
WOW! In one day we now have a vegetable, main course and dessert. Keep the food comming.
We can also add Eterna Bond and Camping world as donors.
Check out this new website for information on the area.... www.fallforthejerseycape.com they do not seem to be up and running yet but I did register, found it in the Trailblaser magazine.

oldmannj

Count me in for a dish we lovingly call stogie casserole. Might be more accurate if we called it heart attack on a plate!! LOL

TomSt

We welcome the good food!!!
We say goodby to Calvin and Judy Hicks who are unable to make the rally
Aromatic Fusion, Inc joins as a donor (insect control)
and we got hit with a 'CHINA BOMB' 40 miles from Myrtle Beach. We are OK, trailer is hurt but movable. Funny but we had stopped and checked less that 60 miles prior on a short 180 mile run

TomSt

Just got back from Myrtle Beach and found MORE donations had arrived!!!! Thanks to the following...Eternabond, BugStorm Shield, Protect All, Camping World, Woodalls.

Now getting ready to leave for Copake.

Vinny773

Tom, sorry to hear about your tire bomb blowout. I'm glad you are okay. I had two China Bomb Blowouts driving across country and and had over $6,000.00 of damage to my Bighorn. After the second blowout changed all five tires. See you in Copake.

oldmannj

Hello all. Being new to the club, I haven't had the chance to meet any of you yet. That will change at the rally in Cape May 10/19-21. TomSt has graciously asked if I can help out with the Heartland gives back drive for the Cape May County Zoo, which I immediately accepted the responsibility for. The zoo is near and dear to my heart, and is the catalyst for some very happy memories when I was a kid. Please check out the donations list of things the zoo needs donated to continue their good work. I'll find it and repost it so it is nearer the top of the thread. I'm honored that Tom asked me to do this, and I'd like my first venture with the club to be successful. With that said, look into your hearts (and your storage areas) so that we can make this give back one to be proud of !!!! P.S. Cash always fits if you don't have any of the other items they need. I'm sure all of you will be as generous as possible to benefit the animals. There is no admission charge to the zoo. They operate strictly on donations. Once again I'd like to thank Tom for the opportunity. Ed

oldmannj

Attendees, here is the list of items that the Cape May Zoo has provided us with for our Heartland Gives Back donation. thanks

Items Needed:

Perfume/cologne (any kind)
Sturdy bird toys (bigger is better)
Wood blocks (for birds)
Natural twine and rope
Rawhides (medium to large); pigs ears
Non-plush dog toys (sized medium to large)
(Kong and Nylabone brands are best)
Fisher Price crib toys, sound toys, etc.
(all plastic, no small pieces)
Catnip (dry or fresh)
Small CD players
Nature CDs
Balloons (not inflated!)
20 gallon aquariums with screen lids
Crayola modeling foam (for animal footprints)
Non-toxic paint (for animal paintings)
Picture Frames (8x10 or 11x14)
Canvas or sturdy paper (for animal paintings)
Aluminum Foil
Hand Soap
Dish Soap
Kitchen Knives
Scissors
Disinfectant Wipes
Round cake pans
Paper towels
Loppers (Branch Cutters)
Metal chain
Dog clips
Spray water bottles

Some of these items may be laying around our homes unused and this would be a good reason to part with them.

Here's the list of items for the zoo. PLEASE be generous !!!

Vinny773

Hi Tom, Being last minute and all, MarySue and I just booked in. I contacted Sea Horse and we will be in site#J-27 from Thursday-Monday. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again!

TomSt

Welcome to Vinny and MarySue SITE J-6. And we are sorry to say that The Ouellette's will not be able to join us.
At this time I am unable to get to posting #1 to edit the items so please bear/bare? with me

hillsonwheels

Tom,

Sorry to tell you but the Hillsonwheels have cancelled for the rally. We are currently camped on site J-27 and have told them we will not be at the rally. Reta's asthma has jumped all over her and we are heading for the FL barn. Rally on!

TomSt

TWO WEEKS TO GO! Posting #1 has been updated, made a boo boo and copy/pasted from MS Word. check changes on times for breakfast and the Saturday night dinner is now posted. Still need to confirm dinner time. There wil three rigs at the campground starting Monday the 15 so if anyone decides to come in really early company will be there.

jjriker

We are so ready for our trip down "south"! :) One week from tonight we will be at a campground near Woodbury, NY, arriving in Cape May hopefully mid-afternoon on Monday.

TomSt

Well we are getting short on time untill the rally in Cape May. the extended forcast is looking good for next week for us early birds.

Please remember your items for the Heartland Gives Back (pot # on post #1) and the pot luck dinner on Friday at 6:30 PM setup at 6:15

TomSt

FYI We just got the insurance estimate to repair our camper after the China Bomb hit us. I know a number of folks saw it at Copake and after reading this more might look at the NJ Rally. Thank God for trailer inusrance it costs about $350 a year but the repair to the trailer, and I thought it did not have that much damage, came in at $9,500.00. WOW at that rate you get about 25 years of insurance coverage for one repair. Seems well worth it so if you do not have insurance give it a second thought. BTW this is my second claim in almost 30 years. First claim cost almost $100,000.00 to replace trailer, tow vehicle and contents. Not a bad return on my investment.

brauch

Camping Wife
Sorry to say the Rauch's will not be attending the Cape May rally. Our reservation has been cancelled and now site Q1 is available. Wish all of you a great rally.

TomSt

Sorry that you have to cancell. We hope it is nothing serious. See you at the next one

TheWinklers

Yes... The Winkler's are slackers and I am still undecided what I will make for the pot luck. I will figure it out though and we will be bringing something.

TomSt

Do not feel bad most people have not posted including us. Oh we are doing meatballs and sauce.

jjriker

We will be arriving at the campground today, and are looking forward to getting settled. I had checked out both mapquest and google maps for some directions, but the last few turns did not seem to be jiving with google earth, so we called the campground yesterday to get the accurate directions. I thought I would post the directions for anyone else out there who might be interested....
Garden State Pkwy to Exit 4A...which is Rt. 47N...
At the third traffic light take a left onto Railroad Ave.
Go about 2 miles...after going through a light, will see a Church on the right...the next right past that is Seashore Campsites.

Status
Not open for further replies.