EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, Cape May - 10/25/2013 to 10/27/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmannj

Yes I am a slacker and I do not know what I am making I will let you know ASAP

It has been said that: if we all bring dessert.....then we shall all eat dessert!!!! I think we got a wide enuff sampling to end up a couple of pounds heavier after the weekend. ED. :angel:

chaplady

Irene and I are going to do a baked ham and a crockpot of chili for Friday's potluck. We will fill in any gaps in a 3 course meal as well. Please let us know what you plan on bringing, be it main dish, side dish or dessert. My friends Scott and Ellen are doing a pan of baked mac and cheese dinner. I just want an idea what everyone is doing so we don't all eat dessert for dinner. (not that that's a bad thing) LOL ED. :angel:
I think we will bring a pot of Beef Veg. Soup. Its going t o be chilly.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Rumor has it Noreaster for Northeast next weekend. Awaiting confirmation from someone who can really predict the weather.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Now he is an excellent source for weather info . Whew!

Murry135/Capt. Wingnut

It's a darned good thing I have a great sense of humor! Ma he's picking on me! Keep it up and you'll get put in time out next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

oldmannj

As we have the POSSIBLE threat of not so stellar weather for the upcoming weekend, we thought we'd spread some cheer a bit early. Announcing the new and improved 2014 N.J. Chapter rally!!!!! New CG, new month, better sites and non rookie chapter leaders. (we hope) ED. :angel:

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
Ed, We have been nothing but supportive in your and Irene's efforts to hold this rally. Making many offers of assistance on the Forum. That being said I do not appreciate the cheap shot that you have taken in the 2014 posting "She will assign you a site that your rig ACTUALLY fits in.". As I recall only two or three out of the 30 sites had problems with their sites and when the members called in they spoke to the campground and decided which site they wanted. No on was assigned a site! End of story.

TheWinklers

It has been said that: if we all bring dessert.....then we shall all eat dessert!!!! I think we got a wide enuff sampling to end up a couple of pounds heavier after the weekend. ED. :angel:

Is that a hint? you would like me to bring a dessert?? LOL I can do that too.. I am still trying to figure it out! dang it.. I can do a cornbread stuffing that will go with the chili and ham you and Irene are making. Never fear though, I will come through in the end.. hahaha

TheWinklers

Ed, We have been nothing but supportive in your and Irene's efforts to hold this rally. Making many offers of assistance on the Forum. That being said I do not appreciate the cheap shot that you have taken in the 2014 posting "She will assign you a site that your rig ACTUALLY fits in.". As I recall only two or three out of the 30 sites had problems with their sites and when the members called in they spoke to the campground and decided which site they wanted. No on was assigned a site! End of story.

I honestly don't know much about any of this. However I really don't think that was a comment against you Tom we stayed at Seashore a few weeks ago for The NJ State Firemens convention and encounters issues with our sites as soon as we walked though the door. The site I booked months ahead for friends was OCCUPIED when we arrived, and the other site for other friends was barely big enough for their trailer. After giving the campground all of the information they needed to successfully assign sites the CG failed twice.

oldmannj

Tom, My poor choice of wording aside, the only problem I've had with Seashore is that time and time again they have "informed" prospective rally goers over the phone that they didn't have a site big enough for a Bighorn or a Landmark and I've had to continually put out fires. Let's face it, even the pull thrus are lacking in the requirements for an easy fit. My intent was to inform the members that the sites at Holly Shores are more spacious than those at Seashore. In no way was that a "shot" at you!!! I apologize if you were offended. ED.

oldmannj

Is that a hint? you would like me to bring a dessert?? LOL I can do that too.. I am still trying to figure it out! dang it.. I can do a cornbread stuffing that will go with the chili and ham you and Irene are making. Never fear though, I will come through in the end.. hahaha

Hi Donna, The dessert thing is kinda covered already, as is the stuffing idea. With a smallish group, could you find it in your heart to do something in the way of a veggie dish? We have soup, ham, stuffing, chili, mac and cheese, stir fry veggies, meatball sandwiches, sausage and peppers along with 2 unspecified desserts. That's the list as I have it right now. Hope it's helpful in your decision making process.

Status
Not open for further replies.