EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, Cape May - 5/16/2014 to 5/18/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmannj

Let's all welcome for their return engagement......TADAAAAA Ed Hickman and Pat Turgeon Now the mischief starts. Welcome back folks can't wait to see ya's. ED. :angel:

oldmannj

Irene and I are pleased to announce that we have a most deserving recipient for the Heartland gives back project this rally. A local South Jersey volunteer organization called the Yellow ribbon club South Jersey will be our chosen charity. A N.J. registered charitable org. Yellow ribbon club not only creates care packages for our troops overseas, but also organizes "rock star" homecomings for our local heroes. Being so close to memorial day....and our troops being the MOST deserving recipients, we ask that you give with your hearts. Attachments with a wish list for our men and women in both Afghanistan and in operation enduring Freedom will be coming soon. ED.

Attachments

• Collection_for_the_Troops_ListSpring2013 (1).doc
    72 KB · Views: 10

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Congratulations to NJ for backing such a great cause! Thanks to Ed and Irene for all their work to get this one up and running!

oldmannj

By the way folks.....I'd like to mention the man responsible for leading Irene and I in the direction of donations for our troops. During the rally in October it was brought to our attention that something should be done for the men and women in uniform. that man was our very own Duane Clause aka Porthole. Thank you Duane for such a stellar idea!!!!! ED. :angel:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
[insert applause here] Thanks Duane! You are always thinking!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

porthole

Retired
[insert applause here] Thanks Duane! You are always thinking!

Irene and Ed did this on their own when I didn't come up with the logistics for an idea I had, they get the credit.

Attached is a PDF version of the HGB flyer.

Attachments

• Cape_May_Rally_HGB.pdf
    79.6 KB · Views: 18

oldmannj

Hi everyone, Since we're filling our allotted sites so early I took the liberty of securing 5 more sites to give us a total of 25 sites available for the rally. As always contact Carol at Holly Shores to reserve yours. More info will be coming as it becomes available. Thanks. ED.

oldmannj

Just a FEW of the things to do while we're in Cape May this year:
Fri. 16th Garden club of Cape May flower show: 12:30pm to 7:00pm
Sat. & Sun. 17th & 18th Cape May birding festival

Wildwood: Sat. 17th Captain Kidd Pirate day

oldmannj

In our search for fun and interesting things to do while we're in Cape May in '14, Irene and I discovered a winery tour where they offer a "BARREL TASTING". Admittedly, we have no idea what EXACTLY a barrel tasting is. It's been suggested that we might get to sit around and nibble on wood, but I don't think that's actually the case. So an appeal goes out to our more wine savvy members to explain what the term entails. Also, is it worth the asking price of $20.00 per person during a 2 hour tour where you sample 8 different wines and get a tour of the actual vineyards? Just one of the many avenues we're exploring in an effort to bring you a great rally. Thanks in advance for your comments. ED.:angel:
As an added bonus they offer a free wine glass with tour. They also have lower cost tours that don't include as complete a package at $13.00 and $5.00 respectively. Any interest???? ED.
http://www.capemaywinery.com/

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
A wise man once told me "never underestimate the power of Google"!

..... wine tasting with our wine and cider makers as they guide you through the wine and cider making process. Enjoy a special tasting of our unbottled vintages from the barrel.

oldmannj

OK!!!!! We have 4 folks interested in the tour almost immediately. The winery requires 20 folks minimum to do a private tour. (We can go at 2:30 and join the regular tour if we fall short.) Sounds like a lot but it's only 7 more couples. ED.:angel:

Last edited:

oldmannj

OK!!! 1/2 way there for the private group wine tour. 5 more couples. Let Irene and I know if you'd like to attend. Sounds like fun!!!!!!!

oldmannj

Let's have a GREAT BIG N.J. style welcome to Kimball and Alice Gillette. Our little party keeps getting bigger HOORAY!!!! ED.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
My boyfriend's back on Jersey sand! Oh yeah hi Alice and glad you guys are coming! Why not stay the week and spend Memorial Day weekend with us?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.