EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NJ, West Creek - 5/20/2011 to 5/22/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

freckles-girl

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
I want to thank everyone for my Graduation card and the ice cream cake...it was awesome. You guys are so great!!! Dinner last night was awesome. Can't wait for another day at the NJ rally, especially the volleyball game--sounds like a blast.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Wow, what a day! Beautiful sunshine, great friends! Took off for a trip to Barnegat Light and some ventured up the steps for a beautiful view of Barnegat Bay! Came back and had a Hot Dog luncheon on the upper pool deck! Thanks to Mike Walker and Bill Stewart for acting as the Chief Hot Dog Chefs! This afternoon we spent the day on the volleyball court with a no rules game of Beach Volleyball. We laughed until our guts hurt! Crossroads dinner was awesome as usual and we thank Dina and the crew for a tremendous meal! Balloon darts for Heartland branded items took place after dinner and the the big prize giveaways after that. Everyone is retiring to the fire but just one note: John Proto won the Height Detection monitoring system and his thoughts are we should follow him from now on! Ouch but true! Thanks to Cheryl and Jim, Greg and Beth, Mike and Ann for all their help. I have to get to the fire so I'll post the pics soon!

TheWinklers

We laughed until our guts hurt!

we had so much fun (poor chair :( ...) Rob is now passed out on the sofa, and Robbie hopefully won't be long.. Thank you everyone for a great weekend we are having a really good time. Now trying to figure out another Rally we can go to.

jimtoo

we had so much fun (poor chair :( ...) Rob is now passed out on the sofa, and Robbie hopefully won't be long.. Thank you everyone for a great weekend we are having a really good time. Now trying to figure out another Rally we can go to.

Are you signed up for the National Rally in Goshen next month??? I see we still got a few spots open.

Jim M

dieselsweetheart

What a great trip over to Lewes on the ferry...cut it a little closer than we liked because we missed the first turn to the GSP and then our GPS wanted us to go NORTH on the parkway...(she's going in the trash for THAT one)...but we did ok and had a nice calm ride across....we are going to enjoy another day here in Lewes before we head home sans BH because Chincoteague is next on the camping schedule...

What a fun rally and it was so nice to see everyone again and meet new people. Heartlanders are the best. Even received monetary donations for my Babies Wrapped in Love blanket drive in Goshen...really touched my heart to have folks I just met want to help out. Thank you!!!

Deb and John, kudos for a wonderful rally.... have a fun couple of extended days. See you at the PA rally!!!

mrmagoo

We made it home... and got the rig back in the yard... still soft but not nearly as bad as when we left!

It was GREAT to see many of you again... and some of you for the first time.. (and hopefully not the last!)

Debbie and John... what can I say... you are the masters... we had a super time... laughed a lot and ate too much... (but I am not complaining... LOL)

Hope everyone had a safe trip home!

Don and Betty

Hi Deb, We made it home in one piece and in 2 hrs. Thank you so much for the wonderful weekend. We are looking forward to Portersville, and Ind. Thank you all for ALL YOUR HELP. Take care. Betty 1717

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Wow what a great time we had !! Thanks to Debbie & John for making it a rally to remember !! Crossroads Trailer sales you guys rock , Thank you for a great dinner Saturday night it hit the spot !! It was nice visiting with everyone , Have a safe trip home .

BW49

Thanks to Deb and John for a fantastic rally. We enjoyed it and all the campers are great. We are looking forward to more rallys. Had a good trip home and looking forward to seeing everyone again.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Sounds like another wonderful rally experience was had by all. What a great time these are and the friendships made from then last a lifetime. We'll miss PA and the National also, but will catch up with many of you in Delaware, College Park, and Maryland next.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Glad to hear you are all making it home OK! We have been sitting by an all day fire and freezing! Judy and I took a ride to KFC for a couple buckets of chicken so we didn't have to cook! It was a nice way to relax! The staff of Sea Pirate said kudo's to everyone "great group" come back anytime! I'll post the pics tomorrow afternoon 'cause I'm tarred!

Thanks to everyone who helped us throughout the weekend and special thanks to our Northeast Chapter Leaders for all their assistance throughout the event.

Just want to say how nice it was to finally put some faces to the names of the newest New Jersey Chapter Members! I had such a great time and can't wait to get together again. We will be packing up the Temporary HQ in the morning and hoping we have the Bighorn back in time for Goshen! Love all y'all and we'll see you soon!

TheWinklers

we really can not thank you all enough for such a great weekend! Robbie really loved all the things you gave him and ate all but one bite of the danish on the ride home! I hope he was not too much trouble on everyone.. (he's not everyone's cup of tea). I made a point to tell our daughter about the volleyball game and her dad's chair to which she laughed just as hysterically as we did! I will have to fix that stinking chair now! urg... oh well then he can use it again next time!

MandJ

Deb and John, Thanks for a great weekend. Everything went beautifully. We enjoyed getting to meet everyone and putting faces to forum names. Crossroads folks were great and it is always fun looking at new rigs. Thanks to them as well. One thing seems common among camping folk, we all cook and eat really well. Yum. We are looking forward to seeing our new friends at Goshen. Thanks again to you and all who made the rally a success. Marie and John

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Although we miss all y'all already, we are really looking forward to the PA Rally and then on to Goshen! Here's a parting shot from NJ!

Attachments

• IMG_1406.jpg
    IMG_1406.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 27

dieselsweetheart

Deb's banner was on her HQ building...and afterwards I thought we should have brought ours down to hold...but didn't think of that ahead of time!!!

dieselsweetheart

Craftynana and all who have questions about the overnight in Ohio AFTER the Goshen rally... here is the link into Punderson State Park. You can book online. Jim and I are in site 16 and Greg and Beth are in site 15. Book now as sites may get full...this is a nice park!! It has a very nice lake and have boats and kayaks for rent...

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parks/punderson/tabid/780/Default.aspx

Also, you need to call the Elkhart Fairgrounds to let them know you are coming in on Sunday....which is a few days earlier than the rally officially starts. DO NOT CALL JIM BELETTI....he is not in charge of extra days...in fact, he is off on vacation now...touring the Holy Land.... call the Fairgrounds directly. I posted the # on the Portersville (PA) rally thread...

hillsonwheels

We are half way to summer base. No thanks to GPS which kept wanting to send us north also. :( I believe we drove into a time warp or something on the way here to Colonial Beach, VA. No cable and the air channels are Japanese, Spanish, English and a channel that gives a preponderance of Russian stuff?!?!?!? :confused: Waddup wit dat? Regardless.....arrived at interim stop safely. :D

We'll pile on and give KUDOS to the "rally hos". ;) Ya'll done good. Sure glad Protos came along to act as "interpretuh." ;) We southerners don't speak the same language as you "Joisey" folks.

Be safe everone and safe trippin' on the way to your next destination!

Dick

Status
Not open for further replies.