EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Alto - 5/4/2017 to 5/7/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
PS: This park will make any one who misses the Elkhart Fair Grounds feel at home, I am presently about 50 yards from a very busy and loud train track, should be an interesting night.

Funny . . . I find the highway and train track sounds will put me to sleep like a baby.

However, the house I grew up in (1970 through late 1980's) was 50 feet from the two track main line train tracks between Detroit and Chicago, with trains going by every 15 minutes 24-7, loaded with all the new cars going out of Detroit heading west to dealers everywhere and Amtrak trains on the half-hour.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a cold Shiner Bock with your name on it in the ref.

My "FAVORITE" beer!

I've got some Bud Lime's for the trip . . .

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Okay, it's now official...the girls are excited and we pulled the Sundance out of her new home this morning....
Loading up and ready to leave in the morning...
Safe travels to everyone! See you on Wed around noon...spending the evening in Alamogordo Koa on Tuesday.

Attachments

• 20170501_090337.jpg
    20170501_090337.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 33

Rockin_Dollar_B

New Mexico Chapter Leaders-retired
Well travel safe Garry, the Keetch's and the bunch that spent the night in Post TX, are all tucked in their sites. It's looking like a Heartland RV Park now! RALLY ON, HOO-AH!!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JohnD

Okay, it's now official...the girls are excited and we pulled the Sundance out of her new home this morning....
Loading up and ready to leave in the morning...
Safe travels to everyone! See you on Wed around noon...spending the evening in Alamogordo Koa on Tuesday.

We'll probably be rollin' in right behind you!

Rockin_Dollar_B

I promise MrsFish, the party will be in full gear come Thursday and won't end until Sunday morning!

Pokiejoe

Hey all, we are almost all packed up and ready to head out tomorrow. So looking forward to getting there and meeting everyone. Don't use up all the fun before we get there😉 Don and Vicky

Rockin_Dollar_B

Hey all, we are almost all packed up and ready to head out tomorrow. So looking forward to getting there and meeting everyone. Don't use up all the fun before we get there😉 Don and Vicky
We will have some fun set aside just for you! Be safe and we will see you tomorrow. Watch the speed bumps through downtown Ruidoso but it is the better route I am told. (Don't take Gavilan Canyon if your GPS leads you that way).

JohnD

I've just got to get up in the morning . . .

Then finish loading my clothes and toiletries . . . hitch up the horse and wagon and check tire pressure . . then we'll be hitting the road around 9 a.m.!

Cathy, of course, is all loaded and ready to roll!

See y'all on Wednesday!

Rockin_Dollar_B

I've just got to get up in the morning . . .

Then finish loading my clothes and toiletries . . . hitch up the horse and wagon and check tire pressure . . then we'll be hitting the road around 9 a.m.!

Cathy, of course, is all loaded and ready to roll!

See y'all on Wednesday!
Be safe, it will be exciting to see another batch of Heartlands arrive at the park!

Chippendale

Sounds like George knows a thing or two about you! Lol.

[Yep...brother George knows a few things and hope at his age he forgets most of them!]

Didn't turn my computer on yesterday, so I didn't see this until this morning, but wanted to assure you, at my age forgetting is one of the things I do best. Of course it helps that I have never met you, so couldn't know much to forget. But that will all change tomorrow, looking forward to it.

JohnD

Just getting ready to hitch up the horses . . .

See you all tomorrow!

Safe travels, everyone!

Pokiejoe

Don said to let you know we are off like a herd of turtles...fixing to go through the big city of Elida. If you need anything just let me know. 😉

Rockin_Dollar_B

And there are off again! Travel safe everyone, at least the wind is a bit calmer today!

jbeletti

Belettis and Wolbecks are on our way. Stopped for lunch now at MM 18 on the CO side. 139 miles to go to our overnight stop at the Las Vegas, NM KOA.

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Spending the evening at Alamogordo KOA with Jim & Jie....We will arrive before noon tomorrow...
Thought for a minute I was in Goshen.....set up, getting ready for a cold one and out of nowhere "A Train"....
Didn't realize the tracks were across the street covered and protected by a beautiful green grass park!
Winds were a little heavy from once we hit US 70....

By the way we would have arrived in Alto today but they didn't have room for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.