EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NM, Ruidoso - 5/2/2019 to 5/5/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegmikef

Don, per our conversation, I tried to cancel our reservation, but just left a message on voice mail to that effect. I am heading home tomorrow and will followup on Friday. Sorry we have to miss it and please apologize to Frank as we won't be there to make the gravy. Whatever everybody does, do NOT fail to stop by the Tiki and margarita bar that Frank and Ted set up! They put in a lot of effort and you will have a great time!! I can tell you that first hand from the last rally.

Pokiejoe

Don, per our conversation, I tried to cancel our reservation, but just left a message on voice mail to that effect. I am heading home tomorrow and will followup on Friday. Sorry we have to miss it and please apologize to Frank as we won't be there to make the gravy. Whatever everybody does, do NOT fail to stop by the Tiki and margarita bar that Frank and Ted set up! They put in a lot of effort and you will have a great time!! I can tell you that first hand from the last rally.

Mike we are sure sorry to hear you and Peg, and of course Molly, won't be able to make it. Hope to see you again soon
Safe travels!

'Lil Guy'

Don, what kind of meat for the Saturday pot luck dinner? Would help to decide what side dishes to bring. Looking forward to the rally and seeing everyone again. Later and have a great day.

Pokiejoe

Good morning,
We have been working on the rally this morning, it's going to be here really soon, seems like we were just talking about getting it scheduled and now it's almost here. Getting really excited about it and seeing everybody. We have added a few things on the agenda, 50/50 drawing, steal a gift, and we decided on the meat for Saturday. Check out the agenda again. Also, you might want to post what you will bring to the breakfast Saturday, egg dishes, biscuits/gravy, etc. Going to have a great time!!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Don, put us down for Monkey Bread for Sat. breakfast. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

'Lil Guy'

For the Saturday morning Breakfast Extravaganza, we'll be providing bacon, sausage and ham along with Mimosas for your Champaign brunch. Good start but we need the sides to make it a great breakfast. Weather permitting(and I'm sure it will) Margaritaville and the Tiki Bar will be in full swing throughout the rally for your entertainment. Free Margaritas and Rum punch will be the staple along with some fresh fruit for garnish. You can bet there will also be some Spiced rum, Vodka, Tequila, Fireball, Gin, Bourbon, and Scotch on hand.lol We can help sell the 50 50 tickets at Margaritaville. Don and Vickey put on a great rally but it takes everyone to make this a great rally and I'm sure this one is going to be a Hoot. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Later and have a great day.

Knowing how much The 'Lil Guy' and his entourage mean to rallies all over, I might relinquish a souvenir that would be cherished for life as a remembrance of attending Margaritaville. If so, it will be on display at Margaritaville until Don's drawings. For 1$ a ticket, you could win this 'Lil Guy' token. Any money bid on this will go to the chapter fund of Don and Vickey. It's so valuable, I might have to hire an armed guard to watch over it until the drawing. You'll be foolish not to invest a dollar for a chance to win this.

Again, getting excited and ready to rally. See everyone there.

Pokiejoe

Don, put us down for Monkey Bread for Sat. breakfast. We are looking forward to seeing everyone.

Okie dokie, got ya down...it's getting close and we are looking forward to seeing you guys too...

- - - Updated - - -

For the Saturday morning Breakfast Extravaganza, we'll be providing bacon, sausage and ham along with Mimosas for your Champaign brunch. Good start but we need the sides to make it a great breakfast. Weather permitting(and I'm sure it will) Margaritaville and the Tiki Bar will be in full swing throughout the rally for your entertainment. Free Margaritas and Rum punch will be the staple along with some fresh fruit for garnish. You can bet there will also be some Spiced rum, Vodka, Tequila, Fireball, Gin, Bourbon, and Scotch on hand.lol We can help sell the 50 50 tickets at Margaritaville. Don and Vickey put on a great rally but it takes everyone to make this a great rally and I'm sure this one is going to be a Hoot. Looking forward to seeing everyone there. Later and have a great day.

Knowing how much The 'Lil Guy' and his entourage mean to rallies all over, I might relinquish a souvenir that would be cherished for life as a remembrance of attending Margaritaville. If so, it will be on display at Margaritaville until Don's drawings. For 1$ a ticket, you could win this 'Lil Guy' token. Any money bid on this will go to the chapter fund of Don and Vickey. It's so valuable, I might have to hire an armed guard to watch over it until the drawing. You'll be foolish not to invest a dollar for a chance to win this.

Again, getting excited and ready to rally. See everyone there.

I'm sure we can hire Dave Tyler as an armed guard to watch over this valuable treasure as I am sure it will be wanted by all...

Chippendale

Dolly will fix up a batch of her famous Mexican cheese flavored eggs and I will carry it to the rally hall for her.

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever everybody does, do NOT fail to stop by the Tiki and margarita bar that Frank and Ted set up! They put in a lot of effort and you will have a great time!! I can tell you that first hand from the last rally.

I don't know if the drink Frank served Mike in Louisiana has a name yet, but based on how much Mike seemed to have liked it, maybe from this day forth, it should be called a "Mike Finnegan".

Pokiejoe

Dolly will fix up a batch of her famous Mexican cheese flavored eggs and I will carry it to the rally hall f

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if the drink Frank served Mike in Louisiana has a name yet, but based on how much Mike seemed to have liked it, maybe from this day forth, it should be called a "Mike Finnegan".

Sounds great George, your cheesy eggs are delicious. See you and Dolly soon!

Pokiejoe

Well the time is getting closer, we are about 2 1/2 weeks out for the rally. Getting ready and looking forward to seeing everyone. Just FYI, we want to take a group picture Friday before the get together so get your smiles ready :)

Safe travels and see you soon!!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
For those of you familiar with the area, Google Maps is giving me two choices for coming in from Amarillo, with only a few minutes difference. Route 1 is down from Amarillo on US How 60/70 to Roswell to US 380 west to NM220 and into the RV Park. Route 2 is I40 west from Amarillo to US54 to US380 east to NM37 (Angus) to NM48 to NM220 and into the RV Park. Any recommendations on one over the other?

Chippendale

For those of you familiar with the area, Google Maps is giving me two choices for coming in from Amarillo, with only a few minutes difference. Route 1 is down from Amarillo on US How 60/70 to Roswell to US 380 west to NM220 and into the RV Park. Route 2 is I40 west from Amarillo to US54 to US380 east to NM37 (Angus) to NM48 to NM220 and into the RV Park. Any recommendations on one over the other?

Gus, your best route is US 70 from Clovis to Roswell, but don't go through downtown Roswell, get on loop 285 and go about 7 miles around the west side of Roswell till you pick up US 70/380 again. When you get to Hondo, NM, there is a "Y" and you want to follow 70 to Ruidoso. Stay on 70, do not go on 380 to Lincoln and then down the little windy road past Fort Stanton. When I left the last rally in Alto I went that way and never again pulling the trailer, it is not a great road and seemed like it took longer. Not the stop light at the entrance to Walmart but at the next one, take a right onto Hwy 48 and go right through the middle of downtown Ruidoso. We took about 6 trailers on this route for the last rally and will be taking at least 5 for this one. At this time of year there isn't much traffic, it was no problem before. There are two or three significant speed bumps in downtown to watch for and you have to at one point make a real sharp right turn, but if I can do it, I know you can. After you pass the road to the ski area, start looking for a sign directing you to the airport. That will be Highway to the park which is 3 or 4 miles down the road on the right.

Hope this helps.
George

Pokiejoe

Hi everyone,
We now have our sites assigned and posted next to your name on the first page. You can check it out, look at the park map to give you an idea. Getting closer, getting excited!!

dykesj11

True my friend. Counting on you and Dolly to help keep the Tyler clan in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.