EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NY, Lake George - 6/15/2012 to 6/17/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Welcome Jon and Patti! Glad we'll be seeing you soon!

This is an interesting statistic Greg. How many current attendees have been to all three NY Rallies?

I guess we could ask this question of all our rallies. Just sayin'....

Porkchop

There is a high likelihood that we may be able to come in 10 ish on saturday night. Would that be a problem?

iforget

New Jersey Chapter Leader-retired
I certainly don't see a problem as there is always a campfire somewhere full of Heartland Family members..
We sure hope you can make it so everyone can meet you and see your new rig.

You would be staying at least overnight, right?

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
There is a high likelihood that we may be able to come in 10 ish on saturday night. Would that be a problem?

Hello Porkchop, We would love to have you join the group !! The reservations for these dates (June 11-19) need to be made with the NYS Chapter Leader. Check or money order should be payable to: Beth Dean.
All site fees for dates before 06-11 and after 06-19 should be paid directly to the campground. (518) 792-3775

Send us a e-mail
nysheartlandchapter@yahoo.com

Porkchop

Thanks all!

We will be in La Grangeville, NY on Saturday and hope to leave around 7-8pm or so. I would like to stay at the campground for one night. Is there a two night minimum?

I will be signing up as a owner very soon and then figure out how to sign up for the rally and at least meet everyone on Saturday night/Sunday.

I'm very excited!!!!!!!

Irene

Porkchop

Thanks I can't wait. I tried to join, but it won't accept my credit card. I'll try another one tonight when I get home.

See you all in June! :)

porthole

Retired
We'll put you between Kevin and our 3010's - that way you can spend all night going back and forth looking at all the changes then get really confused .............

And we'll get to see what is the latest on what has to be the most popular Cyclone out there.

Porkchop

Duane, im excited to see your cyclone! I still have to read through your mods!

Silly question, but it is a pull through right? I'm really bad a backing up!

porthole

Retired
Silly question, but it is a pull through right? I'm really bad a backing up!

No idea, but I'm sure a few Cycloner's will shield you from all the scorers that show up just to help make you nervous :cool:

Best place to learn to back up is in an open parking lot, away from the crowd. Get some cones or whatever and first start by making sure you can back straight. It really is not as hard as you think, you just have to think about what you are doing.

And there is no shame in pulling out and going around the block and trying again. Better a bruised ego then a bruised trailer.

And if I forgot to tell you, I would not travel with the ladder installed. That sticks out another 10" or so, and that can get close to some toll booths.

Either use your cell phones or get portable radios. Cell phone are better then the radio since they are duplex (both talk at the same time) and the driver can just leave it on speaker.

Learn simple commands you are both familiar with, mostly STOP.
"rear of trailer needs to go right - rear of trailer needs to go left etc.

Very important to the driver is that the back up person is always visible in the mirror. I prefer the person on my left side. I do not move if I can't see the backup person.

I can pretty much move my trailer where I want by myself, but if I am using a backup, then I don't move if I can't see - period. You will not feel a person between the trailer and a tree until it is too late.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Porkchop

Thanks Duane, will do the practicing the next time we go out (may 20th ish). I was able to do it once in the dealer lot :) I didn't hit anything or run over anything.

We kept the ladder in the garage, but I'm a little worried where to put it once we are loaded with the bikes. I'll send you a PM or something to ask a few more questions non lake george related.

Thanks!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
Heartland Dealers are supporting a Dinner Saturday night by T-Ray BBQ

3 smoked entrees:
Pulled Pork
Beef Brisket
Chicken Breast

Sides:
Coleslaw
Macaroni Salad
Roasted Red Potaotes

Dessert:
Cupcakes

This is a All you can eat event !!

truknutt

Committed Member
Heartland Dealers are supporting a Dinner Saturday night by T-Ray BBQ

This is a All you can eat event !!

Obviously these folks have never been to a rally!! Hope they have DEEP pockets 'cause this could be an all nighter!! :p

Porkchop

I'm going to have to leave our party early so we can make it up at the tail end to grab some food! It is a 2.5 hour drive from Lagrangeville....

Status
Not open for further replies.