EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NY, Lake George - 9/16/2016 to 9/18/2016

2016 NYS Rally Sweatshirts

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmannj

The CG will direct you to us and we will show you to your site. Everything is based on how "BIG" you "TIP." No, seriously we will have site assignments when you arrive. We have a block of 35 sites which is called the "Outer Loop."

I'm thinking the the number on the check to the Cancer Society should dictate "best" site distribution !!!

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Debbie & I would like to come in a day early. Is this possible? WHo do we contact?

You let us know sorry for delay getting back to you I did receive your voicemail late last night as we have been busy this weekend with our daughter engagement party. I will get back to you shortly as I will have to contact the campground as the final numbers were sent in already and we'll have to see if your site will be available. I will reach out to you as soon as I have an answer.

'Lil Guy'

Thanks for the reply to Debbie's text. Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Getting tired of only having DW to have a cocktail with. Our rig is starting to get real small lol. Been on the road going on 3 months.

mrmagoo

What time are we allowed to check in on Thursday? Looking like ~ 3:30 ride for us... and trying to figure out when we want to try and head out.

Looking forward to getting there... getting set up... and seeing old (and new) friends!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
This is what I found. Looks like 1:00.

25hpsw5.png

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
What time are we allowed to check in on Thursday? Looking like ~ 3:30 ride for us... and trying to figure out when we want to try and head out.

Looking forward to getting there... getting set up... and seeing old (and new) friends!

This is what I found. Looks like 1:00.

25hpsw5.png

Also see Colleen's check in info in Post 149

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We're ready to rally! SD washed and shiny. Wasn't going to wash the BH what with lack of rainfall here (Everything is dead or dying. Haven't mowed the grass in 3 weeks and not sure when it will need mowed. It's brown, dry, and crunchy!!!) but I broke down and washed it anyway. We have a strong well and it has 8 weeks to rejuvenate once we leave tomorrow!!!
See everyone at Lake George...

Rottiesmom

Any member arriving to the rally prior to Thursday the campground has requested not to check in prior to 1:00 as your site may not be available until after that time. Thanks Colleen

Rottiesmom

For the members arriving to the rally prior to Thursday the campground has requested if you did not check in before 1:00 pm as your site may not be available and you would have to wait in their holding area until the site was free.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
We arrived at the resort yesterday afternoon. Site #19. It is a big park and it's quite a way from the office to the site. Tried to follow the instructions on how to get there. Took a wrong turn and arrived at the site from the wrong side. I'm not feeling good already from back pain and I got flustered and impatient.

On the other side of the road there are no sites and there is a large area where someone could turn around. I decide to do that, still flustered, and although there is a lot of room and I always check the trailer for angle when i turn around, I throw caution to the wind! Take the turn too sharply and don't look for the angle, the corner of the trailer smashes one of the driver side of the rear window, and dents a piece of the cab.

At this point, I'm cursing myself but managed to back in the site without any more problem.

At this point, I extend the landing gear and pull the truck out. Then hit the auto-level button but message says "low voltage" Check inside and batteries say fully charged. Reconnect the truck wiring to trailer and have the truck run at fast idle.and there is no difference. Plug 50 amp plug to shore power and still nothing.

I then decide, that since the coach is fairly well leveled, to open the slides and set it up. Bedroom room is electric and there are no problems opening it but the rear hydraulic slides will not work. Remember posts about breakers and resets. With my back in poor condition, I cannot reach inside the front compartment where the breakers are located.

Called a mobile service technician and after only a couple of hours wait, he arrives and looks in and tells me there is a loose positive connection to the solenoid. Then he also find that the ground connection is also loose and that, in fact, the solenoid is fried. Changed that and $286 later, all is well.

But wait, one of the hydraulic line is leaking at the crimp. He thinks i can probably make it home after the rally (~200 miles). So we'll chance that.

Camping woes are in full autumn colours in upstate NY.

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Great park, we wish everyone a great weekend!
On another note, I just had Ron Russels techs here in NJ-we now have Titan disc brakes. Wow, what a difference! If your on the fence, wow-what a difference! Theyre headed to Lake George now. have a great rally

-Ira

JWalker

We arrived at the resort yesterday afternoon. Site #19. It is a big park and it's quite a way from the office to the site. Tried to follow the instructions on how to get there. Took a wrong turn and arrived at the site from the wrong side. I'm not feeling good already from back pain and I got flustered and impatient.

On the other side of the road there are no sites and there is a large area where someone could turn around. I decide to do that, still flustered, and although there is a lot of room and I always check the trailer for angle when i turn around, I throw caution to the wind! Take the turn too sharply and don't look for the angle, the corner of the trailer smashes one of the driver side of the rear window, and dents a piece of the cab.

At this point, I'm cursing myself but managed to back in the site without any more problem.

At this point, I extend the landing gear and pull the truck out. Then hit the auto-level button but message says "low voltage" Check inside and batteries say fully charged. Reconnect the truck wiring to trailer and have the truck run at fast idle.and there is no difference. Plug 50 amp plug to shore power and still nothing.

I then decide, that since the coach is fairly well leveled, to open the slides and set it up. Bedroom room is electric and there are no problems opening it but the rear hydraulic slides will not work. Remember posts about breakers and resets. With my back in poor condition, I cannot reach inside the front compartment where the breakers are located.

Called a mobile service technician and after only a couple of hours wait, he arrives and looks in and tells me there is a loose positive connection to the solenoid. Then he also find that the ground connection is also loose and that, in fact, the solenoid is fried. Changed that and $286 later, all is well.

But wait, one of the hydraulic line is leaking at the crimp. He thinks i can probably make it home after the rally (~200 miles). So we'll chance that.

Camping woes are in full autumn colours in upstate NY.

Man, sorry to hear that. Not the way you want to start out your rally. See you Friday.

JWalker

On another note, I just had Ron Russels techs here in NJ-we now have Titan disc brakes. Wow, what a difference! If your on the fence, wow-what a difference! Theyre headed to Lake George now. have a great rally

-Ira

Nice!! I thought you were buying a new trailer in Goshen next year......

mrmagoo

-Ira

Wish we could get them!!

Status
Not open for further replies.