EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: NY, Verona - 8/21/2015 to 8/23/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
hello. donna and i will be bringing perogies to the pot luck and will be bringing my clubs as i heard some others will be to and that there is a nice course close by. looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

bighornby

Ontario Chapter Leaders
hello kyle and jill......i just posted about bringing my clubs so if there is room i would like to join up.

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
We just posted the Rally Agenda, check it out. If anyone has guests staying with them (this includes adult children) there will be a $20.00 non member fee per person. Please let us know in advance if you have any guests. Also, we need to know if you are bringing children. If so, how many. Please email us at nysheartlandchapter@yahoo.com with this info. We need to make sure that we have a total head count for ordering food, supplies etc.

The rally is getting closer, we look forward to seeing all of you in a few weeks.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Ginger and I would like to sign up for the Buffet on Thursday. I don't know if we need to sign up or not??

- - - Updated - - -

We just posted the Rally Agenda, check it out. If anyone has guests staying with them (this includes adult children) there will be a $20.00 non member fee per person. Please let us know in advance if you have any guests. Also, we need to know if you are bringing children. If so, how many. Please email us at nysheartlandchapter@yahoo.com with this info. We need to make sure that we have a total head count for ordering food, supplies etc.

The rally is getting closer, we look forward to seeing all of you in a few weeks.

We will have a 13 (going on 20) year old attending with us to Verona.

Freckles

(No Need to sign up for the buffet just don't miss the Bus!!!!)

Ginger and I would like to sign up for the Buffet on Thursday. I don't know if we need to sign up or not??

- - - Updated - - -

We will have a 13 (going on 20) year old attending with us to Verona.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Golfers, if interested in playing golf at the NY Rally bring your clubs. Not sure yet where we will play but I will check a few courses out online and have a couple to choose from by Thursday evening for a Friday outting. Remember, we are out for fun and all levels welcome just bring the cigars, and stories and we will supply the laughs. Oh by the way see/contact me, Murry135 or Jim Marigliano if interested. Lou Dick no need for you to contact me I already have you down and your with me pal.

murry135

Golfers, if interested in playing golf at the NY Rally bring your clubs. Not sure yet where we will play but I will check a few courses out online and have a couple to choose from by Thursday evening for a Friday outting. Remember, we are out for fun and all levels welcome just bring the cigars, and stories and we will supply the laughs. Oh by the way see/contact me, Murry135 or Jim Marigliano if interested. Lou Dick no need for you to contact me I already have you down and your with me pal.
Turning Stone Resort

Initial look at Turning Stone Resort web page shows from what I can see is that there are several golf courses associated with the resort. Looks like one of which is an executive style 9 hole cousre and the others are 18 holes over 7000 yds long. I did not see pricing on my brief search. I will continue to research but my question is do we want to play within the resort or look outside?

murry135

Turning Stone Resort

Initial look at Turning Stone Resort web page shows from what I can see is that there are several golf courses associated with the resort. Looks like one of which is an executive style 9 hole cousre and the others are 18 holes over 7000 yds long. I did not see pricing on my brief search. I will continue to research but my question is do we want to play within the resort or look outside?

Price Quotes From Turning Stone w/o possible discount from CG yet to be determined:
Sandstone Hollow 9 hole Executive Style 18 holes w/cart $30
Pleasant Knolls 9 Hole Executive Style 18 holes w/cart $30
Kaluhyat and Shenendoah both full 7000+ yds $120

These are resort courses have not locate local courses yet.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
One week to go I can't wait to see all my Heartland family again. The next 7 days are going to be a killer. Safe travels to all

rdufek

One week and can't wait for our 1st Heartland Rally and to make new friends. Can't wait to see you all there and as previously stated safe travels to all.

Bob and Valerie

JWalker

We are packed and ready to go. Wednesday is going to take forever to get here....

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
One week and can't wait for our 1st Heartland Rally and to make new friends. Can't wait to see you all there and as previously stated safe travels to all.

Bob and Valerie

Looking forward to meeting you see you next week

- - - Updated - - -

We are packed and ready to go. Wednesday is going to take forever to get here....

We'll be arriving Wednesday evening probably around 9ish keep the fire going

Freckles

Safe travels to all that are making the trip to our 6th New York Rally !!!!! For those that haven't joined us at the Villages Campground we do ask of a few if you mind give up their picnic table to help set up a gathering spot on site 419 . The Pavilion area has limit parking and a little bit of a walk from the 400 loop so in the past this has worked well. Some are also bring shade shelters to set up over this area (notice i said shade not rain!!)

See you Thursday !!!

Greg & Beth

JWalker

You can use our picnic table. We are on site 411. We also have a 10x20 easy up packed and ready to go. We couldn't fit the second one in.

See you Thursday.

Freckles

Beer ? www.saranac.com Many attended Saranac Brewery company back in 2013 Rally !! $5 per person 2 drinks at the end plus they do have soda that they make as while. check out the site for tour times!!! Many other interesting site seeing in the area !! The front office has many brochures of the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.