EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OH, Marengo - 7/9/2010 to 07/11/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
That sounds great guys. Please try to get your reservations early so they can put you with the rest of us. Apparently we are in their premium sites and would only hold them as a group for 30 days and we are way past our 30 days since the first reservation. Hope to see you there. Woohooo!

Mark

WilmanJim

Mark,
Wilma and I are in Santee, CA., just east of San Diego at the moment. We called Cardinal today and got a recording saying to call tomorrow, Thrusday, to make reservations. As soon as we get hold of them we will let you know.

Jim

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Talked to Jenna today. Reservation is in and we will be arriving from Wisconsin on Thursday. Site #431. I know, I know.
I was told that I made the 10th reservation. 11 is coming soon from PA, and if Wilma and Jim sign up, that's 12, and..........Discount!
Anyone interested in trap?

Peace
Dave

jnbhobe

Ok we're in, Talked to Jenna also she had my site assigned (thanks Dave}. We will come in on thursday also from Pa. short drive and we are on Site # 432. See ya all in July. JON

loafer

Wow
I will get to meet you guys finally Dave and Jon after chatting on the Chat site for a long time that will be great .
Come on July
Stay safe camping and on the road
Best regards
Bill

WilmanJim

Just got off the phone with Jenna. We will be on site #427, Friday the 9th and leave on Sunday the 11th.

Wilma and Jim

OhioJay

The Comyns family will be there!! I called and left a message to make a reservation. Just waiting for a return phone call.

If anyone wants to shoot that weekend, I'm game. I mean, I'm in. I know the range officer, Craig, and I'm sure he'll let us have some fun. I don't shoot with a bow, but they have a range on-site if anyone is interested.

I saw there was a possible pot-luck dinner? I make great wings, and my wife makes great Buffalo chicken dip. But, we'll contribute however we can.

We have cornhole that we bring with us, and there are at least two in the C.C. office they lend out.

Maybe an idea for the organizer of this mayhem, or I may be able to try...They have cleared alot of forrest at this site, and continue to do so. Perhaps with enough people signed up, they'll deliver us some firewood for free? They used to do that periodically a few years ago. Old man would show up and ask if you wanted some wood, and if you said yes, off he would go in his golf cart. A few minutes later, he'd give you firewood. Just a thought.

Any other questions, feel free to ask. Maybe I know the answer, maybe not.

mrcomer

OK guys, thank you so much for signing up. I have started adding your suggestions regarding what you want to bring to the potluck. Please check thread #0 for the list of potluck items. I am still so psyched!

Mark

OhioJay

Everyone owes me a beer!!!!!!

Just finalized our reservation, and we'll be on site #434. I guess we were the magic number, because everyone get's $3.00 off per night now!!

loafer

OK OK
Can we bring that beer down from Canada ?? since thats a dry county in Marengo
What took you so long to make that reservation LOL

Bill

kblasdel

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the invitation but my husband is a firefighter and he works a 24 hour shift on Saturday the 10th. He retires in January 2011 so please let us know where the 2011 rally is. We would love to try and come.

Karen

WilmanJim

Finally got back to Ohio today from San Diego area and decided to stop and check out Cardinal Center Campground. Not a bad place, we took site #427 as that's the site they gave us for July's rally and found it to be very level and hookups in good location. Pretty close to I-71 noise but not too bad. Hopefully we can have the fan on in July. Right now it's 56 and supposed to be 35 tonight. Brrrr. Could not get WiFi to work so using cell phone.
Entrance is located about 1/4 mile West of I-71 on the south side. Good signage.
Will finish our journey to NE Ohio tomorrow morning if things don't freeze up.
See you all in July.
Happy and Safe Travels

Jim and Wilma

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
Hello Mark, Repling to your question Blancas last name is Forth and My last name is Jagiello, for name the tags for the Ohio Rally Thanks TRAVELER07 (Rick Jagiello)

TRAVELER07

Hello Mark,Things looking bad can't make the Ohio rally the camper is in the repair shop flat leaf springs and bubbled gelcoat; They have not started on it yet.was looking to comming to the rally.Rick

mrcomer

Hey Rick,
Sorry to hear that. I think we passed you on i76 in PA. We were entering the first of three tunnels on the turnpike going east and I could have sworn I saw you and Blanca coming out of the tunnel heading west. This would have been around 11:10 on Saturday. Since you are in Elkhart maybe it was you???

I hope all works out on your camper. Maybe it would be easier to trade it in instead? LOL

Mark

TRAVELER07

Hey Rick,
Sorry to hear that. I think we passed you on i76 in PA. We were entering the first of three tunnels on the turnpike going east and I could have sworn I saw you and Blanca coming out of the tunnel heading west. This would have been around 11:10 on Saturday. Since you are in Elkhart maybe it was you???

I hope all works out on your camper. Maybe it would be easier to trade it in instead? LOL

Mark
Mark that was us we were returning to Elkhart from Cape Hatteras was paying attention to the tires since the springs
went flat,ins is covering the probs so I didn't notice your landmark. Rick

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
Mark,

Carol and I will be attending the Ohio Rally. We will be arriving on Friday and departing on Sunday. We had reservations at the campground and we will be in Site 421.
For the potluck dinner we will bring a Peanut Butter Pie.

mrcomer

Mark,

Carol and I will be attending the Ohio Rally. We will be arriving on Friday and departing on Sunday. We had reservations at the campground and we will be in Site 421.
For the potluck dinner we will bring a Peanut Butter Pie.

That's awesome Terry, Can't wait to see you and Carol and your new rig. BTW, let's keep the PBP under wraps. LOL No sense in letting everybody else know about it. OOPS too late. I can taste it already.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.