EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OR, North Bend - 7/24/2015 to 7/26/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

llalsbury

Arizona Chapter Leaders - retired
Mark and Kristy, Sorry Rose and I will not be able to attend the 2015 Oregon Rally, we have a family commitment at the same time. See you next year.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Sorry you will miss it this year, but family comes first.

See you next year.

Kristy

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
We are coming that way for our summer vacation and are planning to attend the rally as SOB as we downsized from a Heartland 5th wheel to pickup camper will let you now as soon as I make reservations also I you have rally t-shirts would like to order 2 t-shirts Rich and Blanca TRAVELER07

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
That's great. We will be happy to have you even if you do come from the SOB club. Lol

Just let me know when you make your reservations and we can exchange contact info. I can get your shirt sizes then.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
New Possibilities!

Diana Garcia (djgarcia) has been doing some research on guided tours in the area around the rally. Please let me know if this is something you want to do or are not interested in. We need to let the guide (docent) know soon.

Just an outline of the docent tours,

Option 1 --Simpson's reef, Shore Acres State Park, Sunset Bay Beach.
Option 2 -- Old Marshfiels section of downtown Coos Bay talking about the local history, while viewing some of the historic buildings. Coos Histroical Museum. Marshfield Sun Printing Museum. Tour of the Egyptian Theatre. Time permitting, visiting the Coos Art museum

Costs: I gave Marty an approx. size of our group, 40, indicating that we don't have an actual number of people who would be interested in signing up. I told her that we would all just be driving our own vehicles thus not needing bus transportation for the total group and avoiding additional costs.

Option 1--- $175 excluding entrance fee to Shore Acres Gardens
Option 2---$160

Let it me know whether or not you want to do a tour and if you do, which one.

Thanks,
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Good question. Maybe Diana will chime in here or she will get back to me by email.

Kristy

SeattleLion

I don't think we will be interested. We have been to Mill for the past two summers and have had a good time touring on our own. We love Hanson's (sp?) reef where there are thousands of sea lions. We always spend time there each visit.

rwmcclen

How do I join Oregon club. Also looking for best route to Texas. No grapevine. Have a 2011 BH 36'
Thanks Ray

jimtoo

How do I join Oregon club. Also looking for best route to Texas. No grapevine. Have a 2011 BH 36'
Thanks Ray

Hi Ray,

Click on this LINK and it will take you to the Heartland Owners Club page where you can learn what needs to be done to join. With an Oregon address you will automatically be assigned to the Oregon group, but you may attend a Heartland Owners Rally in any area where you may be or travel to.

I did move your other post to a better area, so you should be getting some help for travel there.

Jim M

TRAVELER07

Founding New Mexico Chapter Leader
made my reservation for the Oregon rally coming in July 23rd to July 26th. This will be my 1st rally as a SOB would like to order 2 rally T shirts size XXl and large C U in July Rich and Blanca

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
I will add you to the list, Rich and Blanca We won't hold that SOB thing against you ..... Much .... lol

Jimtoo, thanks for posting that club link for Ray before I could.

Ray,

Welcome. Ask whatever you would like and maybe try to get to some rallies wherever you happen to be. If you are near home in July, there is a rally in WA that is currently full, but there is a waiting list. The OR rally still has a few sites and we would love to have you.

Kristy

jimtoo

Your welcome Kristy.

Please be careful around that Traveler07. They could be ,,,, well,,,, just be careful,, trouble makers,,,and contagious .. :)

Contagious as in good friends and lots of fun.

Jim M

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Jim,
You just bring yourself on up here and we will show you how contagious we can be!

Kristy

Possum51

Hey Jim, glad we will see you in Oregon! Now we won't feel so out of place being the only Texans up there in Oregon! Are you going to the Washington rally too? We are! Sooo excited to see that part of the country for the very first time!

jdfishing

New Possibilities!

Diana Garcia (djgarcia) has been doing some research on guided tours in the area around the rally. Please let me know if this is something you want to do or are not interested in. We need to let the guide (docent) know soon.

Just an outline of the docent tours,

Option 1 --Simpson's reef, Shore Acres State Park, Sunset Bay Beach.
Option 2 -- Old Marshfiels section of downtown Coos Bay talking about the local history, while viewing some of the historic buildings. Coos Histroical Museum. Marshfield Sun Printing Museum. Tour of the Egyptian Theatre. Time permitting, visiting the Coos Art museum

Costs: I gave Marty an approx. size of our group, 40, indicating that we don't have an actual number of people who would be interested in signing up. I told her that we would all just be driving our own vehicles thus not needing bus transportation for the total group and avoiding additional costs.

Option 1--- $175 excluding entrance fee to Shore Acres Gardens
Option 2---$160

Let it me know whether or not you want to do a tour and if you do, which one.

Thanks,
Kristy

To be clear, that's $175/$160 per person? Prices seem on the high side for a tour that doesn't include transportation or park entrance fees. In any case, we will pass on the tours as we have already seen much of it. But thanks for the efforts to research these. Looking forward to a busy/fun summer.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
My understanding is that is the per person price.

I just oust want to be able to tell the Garcia's if there is interest or not in the tours so they can let the tour person know. The Garcia's put some time and effort into getting the info, which I appreciate, but if the interest is not there in the group, it is better to know now.

The other choices I put in the surveys didn't have any clear winners. So far it doesn't look like I will be organizing and Saturday activities for the group, but will give free time so people can go do what they want by themselves or in small groups. We might be able to jump onto a fishing boat with others if we want to fish. We know those who golf will find a way! Mark and I would be happy to take or lead a group out to Shore Acres and Simpson Reef if they aren't comfortable driving out there because they don't know the area. We can also take or lead people to abandon or Winchester Bay if they are interested.

The docent tours would be nice for those who are willing to pay for the guide's expertise on the area. We know the area pretty well along the coast, but we don't know all the historic stuff downtown.

Kristy

Status
Not open for further replies.