EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OR, Winchester Bay - 6/21/2013 to 6/23/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are excited to meet all of the Heartland group at Winchester Bay. This will be our first Heartland rally. We are traveling through Oregon with friends and they will be joining us. We are in sites 65 and 66. We have belonged to other rv groups and brought raffle gifts to rallies. Could someone tell us what type of gifts are normally involved? Are they camping related or just whatever you want to bring? This will be our first long trip with the Big Horn. We will be arriving at Winchester Bay the 19th and departing on the 24th. We'll be at Casey's RV park just prior to the rally and in Gold Beach just after the rally. Sounds like we will have a good time.

Gaffer

Bring what you like for the raffle. Camping related is always welcome but non camping is common as well. We like the 3260 a lot but have not seen one in person yet. It might be our next floor plan.
We are excited to meet all of the Heartland group at Winchester Bay. This will be our first Heartland rally. We are traveling through Oregon with friends and they will be joining us. We are in sites 65 and 66. We have belonged to other rv groups and brought raffle gifts to rallies. Could someone tell us what type of gifts are normally involved? Are they camping related or just whatever you want to bring? This will be our first long trip with the Big Horn. We will be arriving at Winchester Bay the 19th and departing on the 24th. We'll be at Casey's RV park just prior to the rally and in Gold Beach just after the rally. Sounds like we will have a good time.

robzen2

Thanks for the kind welcome Kristy. We are really looking forward to this trip!
Welcome to Kim and Robert (robzen2), new Greystone owners to the rally. It will be there first as well as their first major trip with the rig.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks PJ for picking up on the part of the answer I missed.

Kim and Robert, you are most certainly welcome.

Kristy

Manzan

You can add one more rig to the list. Bruce and Carol McLaughlin in site 82, arriving on the 20th and leaving on the 24th.

We are moving into Portland Area and are heading west with 5th wheel. Had a deer hit in Cedar Rapids and F350 is disabled causing a weeks delay. Not sure we can make the rally, but would like to. What is the best way to stay in touch for last minute changes to schedule? Bruce and Rosemary Bishop 920-342-6327 / bbishop8877@gmail.com. my cell is 610-662-8877, but may lose it temporarily on June 1 (official retirement). Working on new phone(same number now).

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Bruce and Rosemary, sorry to hear about your Ford.
Enjoy your new move to Portland, and if you make it, the Oregon rally.
Will miss you at the WI rallies.

Peace
Dave

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Bruce and Rosemary,

i just sent you an email with our contact info. Tell those deer to stay out of your way! Hopefully you make it here in time for the rally.
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Just 11 days away!!!! Do we have any people waiting to see if they can come? I know sometimes work doesn't allow you to figure out what you will be able to do until the last minute.

I will need to buy the food for Saturday muffins and Sunday breakfast on the way to the rally, so I need to know how many people we will have. If you think you will be joining us and you just haven't made your reservations or told me about your plans, please do so ASAP.

Bruce and Rosemary, how far have you made it so far? Hopefully yu have not had any more close encounters with wildlife.

Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Well, we have lots two couples in the last two days. I hope we don't lose anymore.

Be careful everyone and travel safely. We want everyone to get to the rally in one piece, healthy and happy.

Kristy

wino2

Ziggy, since Liz and Larry cancelled we had them move us to their site. So the Bishops are now in #67. See you there.
Melinda & Wayne

wdk450

Mark and Kristy:
I am wistfully thinking of you guys and Winchester Bay while I sit here near the "mother ship" in Goshen, Indiana. I have never seen so many dually diesels pickups (and Amish horse buggies) in my life. The local Walmart has a covered pole shed at the end of the parking lot for horse buggies. All of the dually diesel pickups are from the hundreds of towable RV transporter truckers in the area.
I got my frame flex issue repaired at the Heartland factory in Elkhart, staying in a motel all week. I am getting disk brakes added at MorRyde, but they can't get me in until the Thursday after the rally is over. They DO have 10 hookup RV spaces that customers can stay in for free. I also learned that the springs I had made in Eugene 4 years ago by a subcontractor to Carrier and Sons, were made too long, and I am getting all 4 of those replaced at the rally.
I made a sprint across the Western U.S. at 400 miles a day after leaving a NorLow's campout in Redding on June 2nd, as my appointment at Heartland was on June 10th. Going back I plan on leaving Elkhart on June 30th, and hope to be home on July 5th in time for my granddaughter's birthday party that weekend.
Have a great time at the rally on the Oregon Coast!!!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
wino2 - got it and updated the list.

Bill,
Enjoy your time at the mother ship and tell everyone Hi from us. You may be at the "big show", but we are having a pretty big show here with this rally! Lots of rigs with lots of new people.

Drive Safe,
Kristy

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
OK! Mark and I will leave for the rally tomorrow. After a one night stopover for a Costco run, we will get to Winchester Bay on Wed.

If anyone needs to reach us, they can text or call me at the phone number I sent people when they registered. I will also be checking email.

See ya there!

Kristy

shelsay

Dave says he plans to be all set up and settled back with a cold one when you come rolling in. See you soon!!

Pat

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hahaha! Not fair since you are so close. Mark said to take care of his Mandy dog until he gets there. I'm sure he means Mandy AND Sherman.

See you tomorrow.

Kristy

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Woo Hoo! We are here and it is BEAUTIFUL!! Now let the fun begin!

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Nine coaches here so far... Weather isn't quite so great today but should be better by tomorrow when the rally gets started. Its beautiful even when it rains.
Kristy

Gaffer

Like they say "Don't like the weather..wait an hour" It is beautiful here now. Water views through at least 5 of my windows. Thanks for bringing us back here again Kristy.

Status
Not open for further replies.