EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Catawissa - 5/4/2018 to 5/6/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones

Does anyone know if the campground is very hilly, steep hills or if it is moderate? I'm looking if it is a good thing to bring bikes for the kiddos but they are still learning how to ride without training wheels.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Does anyone know if the campground is very hilly, steep hills or if it is moderate? I'm looking if it is a good thing to bring bikes for the kiddos but they are still learning how to ride without training wheels.

It looked pretty flat when I pull in the entrance. But I did not get a chance to drive through the campground.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
The campground is flat. Bring their bikes
They have a catch and release pond for fishing too. A stream runs adjacent. Would need a PA fishing license to fish in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vinny773

Crosby and I will be arriving on Friday, 5/4 and leaving on Sunday, 5/6. We will be in site 3-D. Looking forward to seeing everyone again! Better late than never but wouldn't want to miss a rally given by the Mercer's.

travelin2

Crosby and I will be arriving on Friday, 5/4 and leaving on Sunday, 5/6. We will be in site 3-D. Looking forward to seeing everyone again! Better late than never but wouldn't want to miss a rally given by the Mercer's.

Be here by 6??? There will be food!!!

travelin2

We’re lonely...
1f7d9ef8bbb3622c20c6f7cdecbf1760.jpg

04b990dd285212295b975a14f6797796.jpg

rdufek

Looking Good!!!! Can't wait to get there. Looking forward to nice weather finally and the Official Start to the 2018 Camping Season!!!!

travelin2

Did a little walk around. Although the park is heavily wooded the trees are set back making for wide roadways. Sites are deep with moderate separation. Lots of open space around the huge pavilion and common fire ring to accommodate the group. Park is providing the firewood .

Dawnnira

New Jersey Chapter Leaders-Retired
Did a little walk around. Although the park is heavily wooded the trees are set back making for wide roadways. Sites are deep with moderate separation. Lots of open space around the huge pavilion and common fire ring to accommodate the group. Park is providing the firewood .

This working stiff could hardly wait...looks nice. Could almost smell your grill from New Jersey, didn’t get a chance to wash and wax the outside but were ready on the inside, smoker is loaded, flushed the Hawaiian Punch as they say in Louisiana...and took her for a spin yesterday. Looking forward to seeing everyone, hope we don’t sound too hokey but Dawn and I miss camping, ALOT! Anyway, possibly a 3 rig wagon train from Jersey, hoping that we catch up to chaplady while the Kaiser’s and us cross the state. ETA...3-4 pm

safe travels
ira and dawn

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Hi Lyle and Nancy The following below is directly off of the campgrounds website for directions thought I would share for those of us who will be traveling on I-80 West:

I-80 West:
Bloomsburg exit 232. Take Rt. 42S to Catawissa, crossing bridge to PA 487S. Follow PA 487 to J&D Campground. Do Not follow your GPS unit or map quest if it attempts to take you off at exit number 242. This road is too narrow and dangerous for trailers. Please get off at exit 232.

travelin2

Although we might have a few showers early in the Rally, to settle the dust, Saturday appears to be a stellar day to enjoy Knoebels...
Let’s hope

56c20156422eb00a27413c3aee759c37.jpg

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Although we might have a few showers early in the Rally, to settle the dust, Saturday appears to be a stellar day to enjoy Knoebels...
Let’s hope

56c20156422eb00a27413c3aee759c37.jpg

We've had worse looks like a good time either way

travelin2

For anyone wondering, preferred check in time is 12 noon or later

Status
Not open for further replies.