EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Gettysburg - 4/21/2017 to 4/23/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Why you don't plan rallies in early April in Western PA

2mcj1gn.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Calling for 2"-4" of the white stuff today.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Why you don't plan rallies in early April in Western PA

2mcj1gn.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Calling for 2"-4" of the white stuff today.

Is it going to shut down the highways? What's stopping you???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty picture, btw!

JWalker

I may want to ride with you.

Made a quick call up to the dealership, it's the wrong model GooseBox. They have the 16,000 llb rated model. I want to look at the 20,000lb. Still may run up though and take a look.

Can't find a place that has an Anderson hitch close by. Have to wait for the show & tell at the rally.

Bones

Made a quick call up to the dealership, it's the wrong model GooseBox. They have the 16,000 llb rated model. I want to look at the 20,000lb. Still may run up though and take a look.

Can't find a place that has an Anderson hitch close by. Have to wait for the show & tell at the rally.
Well if you go let me know.

JWalker

And............

Been seriously looking at the Anderson and the GooseBox.

They had the goose box hooked to a Jayco Seismic toyhauler.
Pro
-Very simple. Just the goose ball in the bed. That's it.
-No more pull test. Easy Coupler.
-Air dampening system
Con
-I cannot see the goose ball in my bed. Making it difficult to line up. Even with the cargo camera. My tonneau cover blocks the majority of the view.
-Though it doesn't happen often, you cannot tow anyone else's fifth wheel.

porthole

Retired
Been seriously looking at the Anderson and the GooseBox.

They had the goose box hooked to a Jayco Seismic toyhauler.
Pro
-Very simple. Just the goose ball in the bed. That's it.
-No more pull test. Easy Coupler.
-Air dampening system
Con
-I cannot see the goose ball in my bed. Making it difficult to line up. Even with the cargo camera. My tonneau cover blocks the majority of the view.
-Though it doesn't happen often, you cannot tow anyone else's fifth wheel.

Looking to see what the next choices will be. Both of those have my curiosity as well. I still want the air ride capability though. So going to the Anderson would still require a pinbox change.

There doesn't seem to be any bad press yet on the goosebox.
Still need a pull test - ya just never know.

The cons are limited. I couldn't see the hitch when I had my GMC, so I used a portable wireless camera.
The next truck will have the CHMSL camera, so that should eliminate that problem.

Since we started camping, the opportunity to tow someone else's trailer has been zero. Not that I wouldn't want to help, but I wouldn't let that be a show stopper either.
On the other hand, you would be equipped to help someone with a gooseneck hitch.

JWalker

Looking to see what the next choices will be. Both of those have my curiosity as well. I still want the air ride capability though. So going to the Anderson would still require a pinbox change.

There doesn't seem to be any bad press yet on the goosebox.
Still need a pull test - ya just never know.

The cons are limited. I couldn't see the hitch when I had my GMC, so I used a portable wireless camera.
The next truck will have the CHMSL camera, so that should eliminate that problem.

Since we started camping, the opportunity to tow someone else's trailer has been zero. Not that I wouldn't want to help, but I wouldn't let that be a show stopper either.
On the other hand, you would be equipped to help someone with a gooseneck hitch.

Yes, there is not much I can find fault with the Goosebox. For that matter, the Anderson gets great reviews. If we did not have the FlexAir pin box, this decision would be a lot easier(Love the FlexAir). The Goosebox would get the nod.

JWalker

Lyle, think I could grab 10 minutes or so during one of the group gatherings. Just a little 2018 event info to give out.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
THE CLOCK IS TICKING!!!!!

It is 8*days, 21*hours, 8*minutes, 1*second
until Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 12:00:00 noon

JWalker

Going to dewinterize this weekend. Throw some food in, pack some clothes and we're ready!!!

Unfortunately, we're not going to get there till Thursday around 7:30.

Status
Not open for further replies.