EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Hilton Head Island - 4/5/2013 to 4/7/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Michelle and Dale,

Sam and I want to wish you all the best on your Hilton Head Rally. What a beautiful venue. I know everyone attending will have a great time.
We will miss all of you ( even Lance if I have too.)

Larry, I KNOW you miss me.....ever since you requested the life size cutout!!
SUperLance.jpg

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Regarding the Farmers Market in Bluffton Thursday. The forecast isn't too promising at this point. If it's raining too hard we may just stick close to the rig and probably end up at the Pink Pig just up the street. I've never been to the Farmers Market there so I'm not too sure what's available that would be under a tent. We did go check out the area and felt the best place to meet after parking would be at the corner of Church & Calhoun Streets. Here is a LINK to the website and I'll attach a PDF of the info & map.
Once Jack & Judy arrive we'll see what the weather is and call Dale with our plan. Sound good?

Attachments

• Farmers Market Brochure.pdf
    609 KB · Views: 7

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Ray Lets hope that the weather clears up so we can see what the framers market has to offer.

JJnVA

Your plan sounds good, Ray. Weather forecast does not look good at all. We're hoping that the severe part of the storm will be late day and that by leaving early we will miss traveling through bad weather from where we are in Florida. Will catch up with you on Thursday when we get to Hardeeville!

mntnman

Jack & Judy I hope that you miss most of the storm travel safe.

Joe & Linda are in site 121.

Looking forward to see others arrive in the next few days.

JJnVA

Didn't get on the road until 9:30 because of heavy rain early AM. Rain stopped and we've been on the road w/o any showers so far. Hope the dark storm clouds to the west are slow moving! Currently passing St. Augustine exits at 12:15. Anticipate our arrival at Hardeeville RV Park around 4:00. Stay tuned!

trdeal

Great time with great friends and great food at the potluck tonight. It was great to see all of our friends and make some new ones. It is also great to have my mom and dad with us. Thanks to everyone for making them feel right at home. For all of you who requested my mom's recipe for her famous lemon pound cake here it is.
Glenda's Pound Cake
Ingredients: 1/2 cup solid Crisco (room temperature)
2 sticks margarine (room temperature)
5 eggs
3 cups sugar
3 cups all purpose flour or cake flour (not self rising)
8 oz. sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
3 teaspoon lemon flavoring

Directions
cream crisco and margarine until smooth
add sugar and beat well
add eggs 1 at a time,beating well after each egg
add flour alternately with sour cream. Beat well.
add vanilla and lemon flavoring. Beat well.
Pour into a tube cake pan that has been greased and floured.
Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees then 1 hour at 300 degrees.

Icing
1 stick margarine
8 oz. cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
2 cups confectioners sugar
Have margarine and cream cheese at room temperature.
Beat well until smooth.
Frost when cake is completely cool.
Refrigerate cake after frosting.
Call me when it is ready to eat. LOL
If you have any questions please let me know or ask mom tomorrow at the rally.

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Wish we could have made it. With Becky's new job, it is just a bit to far to have to leave at 6:30-7pm on a Friday night. Hope you all have a great weekend. We are camping at 4 Paws Kingdom (the dog park) in Rutherfordton, NC this weekend but will be thinking of y'all!
Phil

Last edited:

davebennington

We wanted to make it to the rally however once again our truck was at the dealer for repairs, they say it is fixed but there is still a nagging little problem that could be devastating for a camping trip.

dave

ljsexton

Planning to head over this afternoon to visit and share a meal with all of you. Side dishes are being made. Any special instructions on where and time to meet? If not will plan on being there around 5:30 and just look for Heartlanders who are ready to eat!

mntnman

All thanks for you help on the breakfast and the dinners. We have a some very good cooks all of the food was outstanding.

Lance thanks for the movie.

lduguay

Well, as far as Rally's go, it's ALL UPHILL from here......literally, Hilton Head to the mountains for the SE Regional next weekend!!

Dale and Michelle, GREAT SC RALLY!!! I hope the NC rally is at least half as fun!!! Thanks for a wonderful time with awesome friends!!!! Oh, the food was pretty good too!!

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
I'll second that! Another fun and memorable rally thanks to Michelle and Dale. We will continue our northern trek and see many of you at the SE Regional Rally in Waynesville next weekend. Rally on and Rally-Ho!!

JJnVA

Dale & Michelle,
Awesome campground and social lounge for the terrific group of rallyholics who gathered there all weekend. Thanks so much for your coordination, time and work in providing a fun, fun time. To the entire group: your contributions to the potluck meals were delish! Enjoyed the Heartland rig tours on Sat. and got so many new ideas for decoration and storage. Safe travels and see you Rallyholics in Waynesville, NC later this week!

trdeal

Thanks Dale and Michelle for a great rally. And for all the hard work you put into it. What a great campground.
Great friends,great food good times. Looking forward to seeing you all again ina few days. Thanks again for my mom and dad feel so welcome at their first rally.

Status
Not open for further replies.